Love of the game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Tonight my 6U team was in the losers bracket of our league post season tourney. I talked to the girls before the game told the spill about having fun but explained everyone needed to pay attention and do their best because if we lost it was their last game.

Anyway we played our worst game of the year and got pounded. The girls put every bit of effort they had into it. My DD even laid out at first to keep a wild throw from getting by and blocked a one hop throw with her forehead. After the game we loaded up to head home and it sounds like she is crying. I asked her if she was ok and I got a little yes. Her mom asked and we got another little broken up yes. I asked her if she was upset because it was the last game and she started crying hard.

It made me proud to know she loves it so much but it killed me at the same time to know she was hurting that bad because she thought it was over. We had not told her she was playing all stars because I just figured she knew. She was all smiles when she figured it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG