Louisville Slugger Xeno vs. LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Katie Bearn

Softball = Life
Feb 23, 2014
Pennsburg, Pa
Hey Everyone!

I am looking at getting a new bat. I am currently using the first FS1 by Easton which is about 4 years old and starting to lose its pop. My college coach said to think about getting a Louisville but I do not know which one I would like more, the xeno or the LXT. I would most likely be getting a 2015 but a 2016 is not out of the question yet. I am going to be completely honest though I do not understand the difference between the two of them. I mean I know the xeno is a two piece bat and the LXT is a three, but I have no clue what that means. If someone could help me out that would be wonderful. All help is greatly appreciated! :cool::cool::cool:

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Hey Everyone!

I am looking at getting a new bat. I am currently using the first FS1 by Easton which is about 4 years old and starting to lose its pop. My college coach said to think about getting a Louisville but I do not know which one I would like more, the xeno or the LXT. I would most likely be getting a 2015 but a 2016 is not out of the question yet. I am going to be completely honest though I do not understand the difference between the two of them. I mean I know the xeno is a two piece bat and the LXT is a three, but I have no clue what that means. If someone could help me out that would be wonderful. All help is greatly appreciated! :cool::cool::cool:

Both are good bats, but I believe the LXT is the more popular one among power hitters.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would HIGHLY recommend finding teammates with one of each and do a side-by-side comparison. Some stores have batting cages and will allow you to demo bats. My DD prefers the Xeno, but I could not tell you why.

Jun 7, 2013
My DDs prefer the xeno, as well. In the WCWS both bats are well represented. Thereby, I suspect that you can't go wrong with either. It probably comes down to personal preference.

Apr 22, 2015
CoreSoftball20, could answer this better. But if Im not mistaken, the LXT is a little more balanced bat than the Xeno. I think the Xeno is slightly end loaded. And I think the LXT runs closer to sticker weight than the Xeno's

CoreSoftball20, could answer this better. But if Im not mistaken, the LXT is a little more balanced bat than the Xeno. I think the Xeno is slightly end loaded. And I think the LXT runs closer to sticker weight than the Xeno's
^^^^^^^ This is an accurate description. ^^^^^^^

Historically, girls moving on from Eastons tend to prefer the Xeno. While not the same, the Xeno's weighting is a bit more similar to Easton's than the extremely balanced and light-swinging LXT. This doesn't necessarily mean that you will prefer the Xeno, though. :)

The best thing to do is hit a few of them. Hard to say what you'll like until you do. And don't forget to try the -9 LXT. Eastons are heavy and you should have no problem going from a -10 Easton to a -9 LXT. In fact, the -9 LXT might even be lighter than your -10 Easton!

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
My DD is a power hitter and after swinging both the Xeno and LXT she decided on the Xeno. She went from an Easton FS1 33/23 and ended up with a Xeno 33/24 and then went to a 34/26. She says that even the 34/26 swings lighter than her Easton, is more balanced and has a lot more pop. But I agree that you need to find a way to swing both in a variety of sizes before you can make a decision. Then contact CoreSoftball20 for the best deal in town!

Katie Bearn

Softball = Life
Feb 23, 2014
Pennsburg, Pa
^^^^^^^ This is an accurate description. ^^^^^^^

Historically, girls moving on from Eastons tend to prefer the Xeno. While not the same, the Xeno's weighting is a bit more similar to Easton's than the extremely balanced and light-swinging LXT. This doesn't necessarily mean that you will prefer the Xeno, though. :)

The best thing to do is hit a few of them. Hard to say what you'll like until you do. And don't forget to try the -9 LXT. Eastons are heavy and you should have no problem going from a -10 Easton to a -9 LXT. In fact, the -9 LXT might even be lighter than your -10 Easton!

I have found that I really need to swing a bat to figure out if I like it or not. One of the girls on my travel team has a xeno and another has a LXT. I have used the xeno and I did find it to be a end loaded. I have yet to try the LXT, maybe this weekend

I have found that I really need to swing a bat to figure out if I like it or not. One of the girls on my travel team has a xeno and another has a LXT. I have used the xeno and I did find it to be a end loaded. I have yet to try the LXT, maybe this weekend
The Xeno is not an "end-loaded" bat in the sense of the term. It is, however, a bit more weighted toward the barrel than the LXT.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
The Xeno - 2015 anyway is more weighted towards the end than the LXT, DD had both. She loves the LXT and it is super hot, but the Xeno was too. What I can tell you 100% with no doubt is the following: do not select and purchase a bat from what you read on this or any site. Not because what is said is not good info but each player feels things differently and each bat will feel differently in each players hands. Check out the Xeno, the LXT the Demarini etc, all of those bats are very good bats. Personally I like the CF6 a lot but my DD says it does not have the "pop" of her LXT, I contend its that "LS Crack" that influences a lot of people. I love the feel and subtle pop of the Demar and that CF6 is hot Ive hit all 3 ! Point is hitting is a feel thing, Im selling a CF6 now because I didn't have her swing before we bought. Also, hit up Core on here. Service and price you wont beat or I didn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi