Louisville Slugger 30-day performance guarantee?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
I'm a little confused and wondered whether anyone could clear up a few questions for me. DD has never used a composite LS, but wants to check them out. Does the LS guarantee apply to bats purchased from any retailer? And what's the difference between the 30-day promise and a non-warranty return (within 30 days)?

SLUGGER

SLUGGER

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Reading the link, it sounds like this only applies to a couple of their baseball bats, so I would be investigate further if this is important to you.

Last year Worth had a similar 30-day guarantee on their 2Legit bats. You could buy one and if you did not like it return it to your point of purchase for a full refund. I think this policy caused Coresoftball20 to stop carrying the Worth bats - the return shipping costs to the factory were killing him.

A warranty return is good for one year and is used if the bat breaks - with normal use.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The 30 day is for their Prime baseball bat.

The LXT had a 30 day guarantee when they first came out..not anymore so you dont have to worry about it

The concept was for 30 days you could return to LS for any reason and receive your money back. Had nothing to do with their 1 year warranty. Completely diff things.

Worth still does the 30 day guarantee for their 2Legit but Worth makes people return to the dealer for their money back and puts dealers out shipping and their bat cost for a while until Worth gives them credit. So not only do I eat shipping to the customer, I have to eat shipping
to Worth. Then wait a month or more for them to credit me back on my account or another bat. They don't let me pick to get a check
back...haha.

Sorry, but I'm not in business to be the BP bat supplier for people. I had people return a couple 2Legits to me for the dumbest reasons.
Which made me never stock this bat again. I'm not here to send people bats who have no intention of buying. Only to hit it and send back to me.
If I made the retail prices like some stores charge, I would be more inclined to not be so against this crap.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2011
Thanks, guys. Their main warranty/return page (2nd link) had the following:

Non-Warranty Returns
Thank you for shopping at Louisville Slugger. We know you have choices and appreciate the trust that you have placed in our brand and our team. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return your item within 30 days of receipt of the order. Please call us at 1-800-282-BATS (2287) for detailed return instructions.
1. Repackage items in original packaging including all paperwork, parts and accessories
2. Remove all extra labels from previous shipping on the outside of the box
3. Obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number by calling 1-800-282-BATS (2287) and legibly write the RMA number on the outside of the box*
4. Address the box to:
Louisville Slugger C/O Legacy SCS
Attn: Returns/ RMA:

8836 Polk Lane Suite 105

Olive Branch, MS 38654
5. Send your package through the mail service of your choice.**
*Note: If you do not setup an RMA before sending your product back, expect significant delays in the processing of your return/exchange.
**If it is determined that the product was shipped to the consumer incorrectly due to an order processing issue, Louisville Slugger will refund the return shipping amount that the consumer incurred to return the product. If the order was shipped correctly but the consumer simply is not satisfied with their order, the consumer is responsible for paying the return shipping amount.

---------------------------------------

That is why I thought they might offer 30-day returns on any bat, but perhaps only if they were purchased directly from LS.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You can only return the bats that are on that policy...if you read it...its their baseball bats...not SP or FP.

The 30 day thing is completely diff than the one year warranty. SP and FP bats DO NOT have the 30 day no question return policy no matter
what retailer you buy from. If you click on the policy, it says their Prime 915, 715 and Omaha bats.

"Louisville Slugger is the first name in baseball and it was time for the icon to be completely reinvented. The 2015 bat line brings new innovation and a brand new look from the founder of the baseball bat. We are so confident that you will love the all-new Prime 915, Select 715, and Omaha 515 lineup that we are standing behind it with the 30-Day Performance Promise."

Please do not buy a FP bat thinking you have 30 day money back return.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06