Lost all my Pitchers Friday

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
A very shortsighted move IMO. Even though the JV win-loss record may not be important how many of the JV girls are going to be around to move up to varsity if they lose every game badly and have no fun this year? Good luck.

Jun 13, 2010
Losing Badly is deflating the players but the fight has not gone out of them yet.
The girl I put in to pitch walked 15 batters and hit 3. And we still managed to come within 3 runs. Yes it was an ugly game. The sad thing is the kids know what is going on,They are after all young women, and they are not stupid.

I did say what was probably the wrong thing to the head Coach yesterday.
He asked me how we did and my reply was:" They are just JV players so it doesent matter". I dont guess that will gain me any points.

Jan 15, 2009
Are you allowed to look at your local 8th grade pitchers?? Probably one of them would be honored to play JV ball as long as you let her keep playing with her summer team on the weekends. Our area allows that, I know some states don't. Might even have an eigth grader that is willing to delay summer ball start to play for High School.

Jun 13, 2010
Are you allowed to look at your local 8th grade pitchers?? Probably one of them would be honored to play JV ball as long as you let her keep playing with her summer team on the weekends. Our area allows that, I know some states don't. Might even have an eigth grader that is willing to delay summer ball start to play for High School.

No we Cannot mess with the 8 graders or they lose one year of HS Play. And the only youth team is jrs LL And their only pitchers are my pitching students and are 7th graders.
I really cant even coach a summer team If the players are in HS untill after Memorial Day.
I am doing what I can

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Try to teach someone to slingshot and forget the arm circle.

Also, realize, if you find someone that can pitch, V coach will take her, too. :) Does the coach not realize that using an inexperienced girl in the circle, can get her hurt?

Who volunteered to be the sacrificial lamb? And were her parents OK with it?

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Are your 2 Freshman pitchers starting Varsity in the outfield or are they sitting most of the game on the bench? What I see is that your 2 pitchers have some experience and are probably the better players on the JV team, correct? Isn't the goal to play on the Varsity team for the players? I might have a problem with it if the 2 players are just sitting the bench with a team of 15 Varsity players, but if they are playing in the games, more power to them.

Now will they get pitching time? No. Will it eventually hurt the program? Yes. I believe the Varsity coach is making a mistake not allowing the Freshman to pitch and to develop.

Jun 13, 2010
Try to teach someone to slingshot and forget the arm circle.

Also, realize, if you find someone that can pitch, V coach will take her, too. :) Does the coach not realize that using an inexperienced girl in the circle, can get her hurt?

Who volunteered to be the sacrificial lamb? And were her parents OK with it?

Yes her parents are OK with it. I think I did the best thing possible and picked my most seasoned player. She wears a game face and is making some good Defence plays as she is usually a 3rd baseman.

Jun 13, 2010
Are your 2 Freshman pitchers starting Varsity in the outfield or are they sitting most of the game on the bench? What I see is that your 2 pitchers have some experience and are probably the better players on the JV team, correct? Isn't the goal to play on the Varsity team for the players? I might have a problem with it if the 2 players are just sitting the bench with a team of 15 Varsity players, but if they are playing in the games, more power to them.

Now will they get pitching time? No. Will it eventually hurt the program? Yes. I believe the Varsity coach is making a mistake not allowing the Freshman to pitch and to develop.

They play about half the time, They are top level JV player and they dont pitch on Varsity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jovet218