Looking to upgrade DD's glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 8, 2010
Dd#2 has had a Nokoma Buckaroo for one year and six months. I got it out of her bag for post season maintenance few weeks ago and it was trashed. Wore out. I could not believe it, but she has used it a lot. Once I thought about it I realized just how much she used it and it is understandable.

Think we are probably going to go with another Nokona but what Vinci might be similar? Hers was 12" but I think I might go 12.5, she has grown a lot.

A RV1961 is a 12.75 that will play about 12.5. BV1929 is a 12.5 that would play about 12.25. Both Kip leather.

Aug 8, 2010
Dd#2 has had a Nokoma Buckaroo for one year and six months. I got it out of her bag for post season maintenance few weeks ago and it was trashed. Wore out. I could not believe it, but she has used it a lot. Once I thought about it I realized just how much she used it and it is understandable.

Think we are probably going to go with another Nokona but what Vinci might be similar? Hers was 12" but I think I might go 12.5, she has grown a lot.

A lot of how long a nice glove like a Nokona, Vinci, A2000, etc, will last come down to the player taking ownership for the upkeep of her glove. DD1 and DD3 took great care of their gloves and they looked almost new after lots of use. DD2 could tear up the inner workings of an anvil, and she is the best of the 3 by a large margin.

1. Keep a ball in it at all times.
2. Don't lay it on it's side unless a ball is in it.
3. When in bat bag, it is on top of all other equipment (with a ball in it)
4. When you get home, glove comes inside to dry out in controlled environment, not baking in a hot car.
5. Keep dirt, dust and chalk cleaned off with warm damp cloth, let dry inside. These dry materials suck the moisture out of the leather.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey Westwind, I bought 3 Vinci's from Casedawg, but one of those was for a guy I work with who's DD plays 16U. She got a RV1961, it's a great all around pattern for softball, really good anywhere on the field (except catching, would work in a pinch though !). Definitely not an overly huge glove for a 12.75", fairly small hand stall and light for a 12.75" glove. It's a great utility glove ! Never held a BV1929 before.

It will be two years this December that my DD has had her Vinci, relaced it and put a new thumb stay in it this past June and it was like getting a new glove again. The kip leather is good stuff ! Hey Casedawg, go ahead and set the hook, show Westwind a photo of a tan 1961 with a black H-web, black welting, and black laces ! Another thing Ww, NO velcro !

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia

My DD has the Vinci BV1929-L and loves it.

Baseball Glove Model BV1929-L : 12.5" NEW 5oz Kip Leather with double laced basket web by Vinci

PS - do not pay retail, contact Casedawg51 and tell him I sent you! LOL

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
A RV1961 is a 12.75 that will play about 12.5. BV1929 is a 12.5 that would play about 12.25. Both Kip leather.

Casedawg51 - why is the BV1929-L listed as a baseball glove on the website? It is a GREAT glove for softball and I think you are missing out on some sales because of it. Could they list it as both, or come up with another model number for softball?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Dd uses a 12.5 wilson now and has recently added outfield to her catcher/3rd/ss as positions played. Sounds like we should go to a 12.75 vinci is they are slightly smaller, correct?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Dd uses a 12.5 wilson now and has recently added outfield to her catcher/3rd/ss as positions played. Sounds like we should go to a 12.75 vinci is they are slightly smaller, correct?

12.75 would be fine. You may not see any difference at all between a 12.5 and a 12.75. My Akadema 12.75 appears to be pretty identical in size to my DD's Worth 12.5.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

Compared to 12.75" gloves like Wilson's 1799 and Rawling's 302/303 models, the RV1961 is definitely smaller. Great all around size for fastpitch. Another good option for a 12.75" glove is the Rawling's 302cvdm, it and the 1961 both have smaller/tighter hand stalls for females. The CVDM is a mesh glove, I do think Vinci has better mesh than Rawlings, my opinion.

Aug 8, 2010
Casedawg51 - why is the BV1929-L listed as a baseball glove on the website? It is a GREAT glove for softball and I think you are missing out on some sales because of it. Could they list it as both, or come up with another model number for softball?

Vinci started as a baseball only company. The BV1929 is one of the older designs but it is used more for softball. They just have never changed the original description. I agree that they need to change that on the website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi