Looking to upgrade DD's glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2011
Lightweight gloves are overrated. There's many good brands out there, try as many in person as time/location allows.

Whatever you do, make sure the glove is made with high quality steerhide or kip leather so it will retain a pocket and last a few seasons.

Aug 8, 2010
Just want to clarify that I said Vincis can FEEL lighter than some other heavy use type gloves, not ARE lighter. Gloves that are more heel balanced will seem lighter on the hand than ones with more weight out in the fingers.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Depending on what you want to spend, I got my 11 year old daughter a Worth Century 12" and she likes it. It's black and gold....she loves the webbing and pocket for middle infield. I paid under $100, and for the price seems like a solid glove so far.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Depending on what you want to spend, I got my 11 year old daughter a Worth Century 12" and she likes it. It's black and gold....she loves the webbing and pocket for middle infield. I paid under $100, and for the price seems like a solid glove so far.

Dd saw those in white and black and said "those look bad a$$". I prefer she gets a vinci or a2000, so I am now on the hunt for one in white. I did see the breast cancer awareness vinci in white and pink, I thought that looked"bad a$$". Have to see what she thinks.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Dd saw those in white and black and said "those look bad a$$". I prefer she gets a vinci or a2000, so I am now on the hunt for one in white. I did see the breast cancer awareness vinci in white and pink, I thought that looked"bad a$$". Have to see what she thinks.

I suspect your DD might have been looking at the Worth Liberty Advanced series, which is indeed white and black. My DD is currently using Worth LA for both her fielder's glove and catcher's mitt. She preferred the way they felt on her hand more than Mizuno, Wilson, or (my favorite of the ones she tried) All-Star. The quality of the Worth LA series is pretty darn good. Definitely a step above the Century series...quality and price tag.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I suspect your DD might have been looking at the Worth Liberty Advanced series, which is indeed white and black. My DD is currently using Worth LA for both her fielder's glove and catcher's mitt. She preferred the way they felt on her hand more than Mizuno, Wilson, or (my favorite of the ones she tried) All-Star. The quality of the Worth LA series is pretty darn good. Definitely a step above the Century series...quality and price tag.

image.jpg

Nope. It was a century. ��

May 22, 2015
Illinois
C120BC-600x600.jpg

This is the one DD picked. It was between this and the Akadema. When she grows a little more and needs a 12.5" a Vinci is on the short list.

Dec 11, 2010
Dd#2 has had a Nokoma Buckaroo for one year and six months. I got it out of her bag for post season maintenance few weeks ago and it was trashed. Wore out. I could not believe it, but she has used it a lot. Once I thought about it I realized just how much she used it and it is understandable.

Think we are probably going to go with another Nokona but what Vinci might be similar? Hers was 12" but I think I might go 12.5, she has grown a lot.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi