Looking for some feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
IDC what she's doing(down to, TTB etc etc) in those videos.. that's damn good swing!! Love to see a game swing and some feedback on how she's been doing. If she replicates that swing in a game with good timing.. good luck defense! Keep this video as a reference for her to look back at if she goes off the rails a little, step away, stop tinkering and enjoy the bombs :)

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Ok...good start
fcc6708386d4be1df9c51225ead5a19d193f8d1a.gifv

DD is not TTB. The swing is powered by shoulder rotation which results in a 'push/pushy swing'. Swing/barrel is level to the ball and the finish is up.
Here is what your DD is doing now(elbow pivot point):
EPP.gif

Need to do this(hand pivot point):
HPP.gif

Someone will be along shortly to tell you how wrong I am......
DD does have the makings of a good swing.
Again JMHO.

Actually I agree with you RDbass. She starts to TTB and then pushes. The barrel and lead forearm alignment at contact is a sign that the swing is off.

I do like the swing overall.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
I don't believe she TTB. It looks like EPP and shoulder rotation powered swing to me.
I can agree with that. She’s definitely not whipping the bat into the zone. Always something to work on but this is light years ahead of where we came from.

Nov 16, 2017

Looking for some feedback on this swing. She’s just recently switched styles from swinging down on the ball to turning the barrel. It looks decent to me but all of her coaches complain because of the follow through. They all assume she has a uppercut swing and keep telling her to swing down. It’s literally killing me lol.

She looks strong and the path looks good.

She has a really big negative move which is going to hurt her efforts to time. W=w had a video of I believe Springer where his batting coach got him to load without the head going back. She pulls her head back about a foot.

The head going back is also a sign she is pulling her hip back and not coiling around the femur.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don't believe she TTB. It looks like EPP and shoulder rotation powered swing to me.

I don’t believe in the hands and shoulders being a separate entity. If anything there isn’t enough shoulder rotation into contact. She completes her shoulder rotation prior to contact and then pushes the barrel through contact. The front shoulder should be pulling back at contact and then perhaps the alignment between front forearm/barrel would be better.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Bjones80

Are these two different swings? If so the alignment looks better at contact in the second swing.

I do like her swing. Looks good coming from a swing down approach. She takes a healthy swing!

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
Bjones80

Are these two different swings? If so the alignment looks better at contact in the second swing.

I do like her swing. Looks good coming from a swing down approach. She takes a heathy swing!
They are two different swings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom