Looking for some feedback on Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I don't like Gattis either, but I see what RDB is showing.

She gets coiled nicely, then by passes it by swinging top downish. Loses most of the stretch she created, by pushing the barrel forward. She should be holding the coil, resisting the upper from turning, loading her hands back around and turning the barrel when her rear leg is turning forward...increasing the stretch....getting behind the rear leg.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I don't like Gattis either, but I see what RDB is showing.
She gets coiled nicely, then by passes it by swinging top downish. Loses most of the stretch she created, by pushing the barrel forward. She should be holding the coil, resisting the upper from turning, loading her hands back around and turning the barrel when her rear leg is turning forward...increasing the stretch....getting behind the rear leg.

RHC, you get me....:)
I like Craig better
ACraig_1Bview_rearleg.gif

but, gave both as examples of what I was trying to point out to the dad.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2013
Lauren is a natural hitter. She is a "linear" hitter, who obviously generates high bat speed. Her nice extension at the point of impact is the primary reason for her fast/explosive bat. I would like to see her use rotational mechanics when her front foot hits the ground. If you look at the best major league hitters, their linear movement forward ends the instant the front foot hits the ground. From there, it is the kinetic linkage from the ground to the lower body, to the upper body, and finally into the bat that optimizes bat speed. I detail my thoughts on rotational hitting at Hitting With Torque | For Baseball and Softball Hitters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207