Looking for Catching Gear for a small player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 3, 2011
GA
She is about 4 foot 4 and around 65-70lbs. Would like to buy a set, but will buy whatever will work the best. Thanks!

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
You are probably best taking her out to try on gear from different manufacturers.

My daughter is older and bigger but after many try-ons and online returns, we came up with an adult Mizuno helmet, intermediate Schutt chest protector, and Rawlings intermediate shin guards. All the major manufacturers make youth size gear.

Mar 3, 2011
GA
You are probably best taking her out to try on gear from different manufacturers.

My daughter is older and bigger but after many try-ons and online returns, we came up with an adult Mizuno helmet, intermediate Schutt chest protector, and Rawlings intermediate shin guards. All the major manufacturers make youth size gear.

She has tried most of the youth sets on, but they are huge on her. Going to look at the easton black magic set for 7-9yo. She is 10, so this might work.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
The smallest catcher's set that I have ever laid eyes on was at this past year's NSC clinic in KC. Combat makes the set and they are reasonably priced with removable pads in the shin guards.
combat-ythsscg-blk_w340.jpg

Here's the LINK to the NSC picture and review from January of Combat's smallest catcher's set.
-Chaz

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
All star has a really nice setup for youngsters. Proper way to measure for chest protector is from Top of the breast plate to the waist
For leg guards is from the center of the knee cap to the bottom of the shin.

If you need any additional assistance on this feel free to pm me

Apr 11, 2013
Coletrain....I ran into this issue a cpl years back....my DD turns 11 in a few weeks and is 4'7" 72 lbs roughly....I got her the Easton set 2 years back and its done well sofar....chest was alittle big on her but its worked out fine....she keeps begging me to hydrodip her helmet...I told her maybe her next one lol...good luck I know how it is having little kids to buy for.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs