Looking for Advice on issue with parent.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

As a coach you completely skipped over how and when you decided to play 2-1/2 hours away.

Was it completely up front from the beginning, or did you change your mind later.

That is the key here. Nothing else matters.

Especially at 10U, some players and parents are strapped for cash. For the coach to up and decide on his own that we need to travel 2-1/2 hours away and get a hotel room, and time off from work, is a big question.

Only you have the answer. The other posters do not have a clue.
The OP's first sentence says it is a travel team. That alone sets more than enough expectations for a trip of 2 1/2 hours or more.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
This player in particular is a 4th year travelball player and mine is the 3rd team they have been on. She came to my team at the start of the season.

If this is true, she is likely playing in the other tournament looking for a NEW team. The long drive is only an excuse. She will be leaving your team soon enough anyway. I agree - cut your losses.

Nov 3, 2012
The Good: Ok her parents are honest that they dont want to travel extra distance, even though you make special arrangements and have a very good reason to travel the extra distance (comparable competition)

The Bad: A team mate is playing with another team while you're playing at the same time, and the reason is one hour more of travel. Selfish.

The Ugly: When a parent wont let you borrow her uniform for a sub is putting the team in jeopardy of not playing, even on top of the fact she put you in jeopardy of not playing because she is subbing with another team. I would be bending over backwards to help a coach if I put him in an awkward situation like that.

The more I think about it, the parent doesn't respect you or is mad at you for something. The way you describe it, the parent is almost intentionally sabotaging you're team so you don't play. Did something happen before this?

I wouldnt sweat it, i bet within a couple of weeks, this girl will be switching to the team she's subbing for anyway. She'll probably do the dirty work for you.

Aug 13, 2012
Just to update, the parent of the player in question removed themselves from the team yesterday via text messege. Thanks to all who have responded with advice. Case closed, turn the page, look forward to this weekend!!!!!

Nov 3, 2012
Just to update, the parent of the player in question removed themselves from the team yesterday via text messege. Thanks to all who have responded with advice. Case closed, turn the page, look forward to this weekend!!!!!

Just curious if you got the uniform back?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid