Looking for a hitting screen for my house...how is the Jugs screen

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
The only Rukket I saw was 7x7...is there one I'm missing?

Sorry, my post was as clear as mud! The Rukkit you bought is the best 7x7 out there IMHO. The 8x8's are both made by Bownet and the main advantage is that it is heavier duty, not that it is bigger. They are double the price of the Rukkit net though so probably not a better value.

I bet you will really like the one you got.

These are the other two I mentioned:

Diamond PRO SERIES 8' x 8' Bownet Big Mouth Sock Net| HittingWorld.com

Pronets

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, I went thru the bownets and factored in price and that when my fiancé gets back healthy, it wont get used
as much. So the extra price was a little much for just me.

And I really didn't want to waste time getting affiliated with them just to get myself a net...haha

May 24, 2013
So Cal
We have a Jugs Instant Screen. It's pretty awesome imo.

I loathe the Jugs Instant Screen. Although they are quicker to put up and take down than a Bownet-style net, the size and shape of the package is too cumbersome. I happily game my Jugs net away as soon as I could.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
My team has two of the Jugs screens and they have been flawless for 1.5 years now. We also use Bownets and have been mostly happy, though we have had some issues with the net fraying and the elastic loops breaking on the bottom.

I will admit to worrying about the cable running through the base of the Jugs nets, but we have not had a problem at this point. They are used in every tournament and practice, probably up and down 4-5 times a week during the season.

Oh, and I love the form factor of the net in the bag. Shorter but wider than the Bownet, it fits in my cart much better. To each his own, I guess.

Sep 22, 2015
Thanks folks...got a Rukket for 99 bucks. Should have this week.

Appreciate the feedback/help

I found the Rukket brand when looking for golf nets. I have the Jugs Travel Screen, but I've been apprehensive to move it around too much due to the cable inside the legs. Its a wear item and certainly will fail over time...as someone alluded to earlier. I've had it for a year, moved it less than 10 times and it is still in excellent shape. I use it in the basement with my 7YO DD and often times the ball bounces off the concrete floor and rolls across the basement after hitting the back of the net and falling to the floor. This wouldn't happen with the Bowet Big Mouth because of the sock design. To be fair to Jugs, this problem is alleviated when on grass or softer surfaces. For my needs, I needed a net with maximum forgiveness as my 7YO DD doesn't exactly strike the ball in perfect fashion every swing. That is a weakness of the Bownet Big Mouth for me because I need a margin for error. Overall, the Bownet is 7'x7' and the Jugs Travel Screen is 6.5'x6.5', but I'm referring to the sock.

I figure by now you've received, so be sure to let us know what you think of the Rukket. This may be my next purchase.

Dec 11, 2010
I didn't even like my Jugs travel screen in my shed wHer I would leave it set up and not take it down. It was nice to hit into but if I would grab it to slide it out of the way the pole would come out of the base.

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
Another vote for Ruckett. I am a convert from Jugs (to bulky when packed) and Bownet (paying for a name). We have had a Ruckett for two years and it is used constantly by my 2 DD's and my DS. Looks almost new still. If you have an issue with the legs contact Ruckett. They have a warranty.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
OK, got it Thursday and finally had the chance to open it up tonight about 7pm when I got home and wanted to get some swings.

Opened it up, read thru the directions and looked thru the parts (remember, first net thing I have had and I like to take my time...haha).
Took about 10 minutes to put together. Not bad considering.

Hit about 100 balls. Seems very sturdy and netting seems strong and collected the balls well.

Now taking apart and in the bag took 2 minutes or less and I'm sure setup will be just as fast now that I am familiar with parts and
how it goes together. So I like the speed of setup.

All in all, very pleased with the purchase in my short time. Will know more the next couple week as I will be taking some swings
every day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619