long tee to decide which bat to use?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
DD has a Xeno and an LXT. She favors the LXT but has had better results with the Xeno. Go figure. My personal opinion is that the Xeno appears to have more pop. I obviously could be wrong. Was thinking of conducting an experiment and have her hit one bucket of "long tee" (meaning hitting balls off a tee on a field instead of into a net) with each bat to try and determine which bat hits the ball further on average. Should be pretty easy to control and would have her warm up with each bat before beginning the experiment. Has anyone ever tried this? Good idea? Bad idea?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I do not know what it could hurt, just count the number of balls that go over the fence for each bat :)

I would rather do the experiment using soft toss then a tee, for my DD anyways.

Sep 18, 2011
I do not know what it could hurt, just count the number of balls that go over the fence for each bat :)

I would rather do the experiment using soft toss then a tee, for my DD anyways.

I thought the tee would be a better controlled experiment. It would take the skill of the front toss pitcher out of the equation.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I qualified my statement with for my DD anyways, let me try to qualify it a different way.

IMO whichever hitting drill that she hits the ball the best is what I would use. If that is a Tee great, if it is side toss, front toss, etc. Use the one she hits the best for the experiment.

Jun 11, 2012
DD has a 2015 Xeno and a 2016 LXT (warranty replacement for a broken 2014). She loved her 2014 LXT until it broke but because of the new model coming out we had to wait for the replacement and bought her the Xeno to use in the meantime. I thought for sure she would go right back to the LXT but she says now she prefers the Xeno and definitely hits much better with it.

The LXT feels lighter to her and she prefers heavier bats

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
DD has a Xeno and an LXT. She favors the LXT but has had better results with the Xeno. Go figure. My personal opinion is that the Xeno appears to have more pop. I obviously could be wrong. Was thinking of conducting an experiment and have her hit one bucket of "long tee" (meaning hitting balls off a tee on a field instead of into a net) with each bat to try and determine which bat hits the ball further on average. Should be pretty easy to control and would have her warm up with each bat before beginning the experiment. Has anyone ever tried this? Good idea? Bad idea?

Lol, funny you bring it up. Dd and I just did it today. She has 8 bats right now :rolleyes:. We both hit about 5 balls each bat...well a few bats felt like a turd so they only got one ball. We agreed the 33/24 '15 LXT won. Even vs a couple of OG Eastons. It was I think the first time I had swung that LXT. I really like it. Rt was a close second though.
Bat stories of the year...the -9 Lxt didn't seem to be popping well....pulled out old RT and was hitting homeruns into the next county. Well on a few weekends that she said her arms felt tired she brought out the -10 LXT that was planned to be just sold. Well started hitting consistant 250ft homeruns with it. In the last couple weeks she has been early and rolling her wrist early. Well in the spirit of my kids, that is never your fault, it's cause the bat is too light. So now back to the 33/24 lxt that today seemed to yawn, stretch it's arms out, and say "hey, lets do this!" Lost several balls that cleared the 10ft fence at 210, landed in the street about another 10 feet higher than the fence, and rolled down the storm sewers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24