Llws vs asa b

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
Calgofo, are you comparing the boys baseball LLWS to girls softball B nationals, or the girls LLWS softball? I've never experienced a boys ASA national tournament, but my daughter and I have been the LLWS the last three years and have seen some great ball in my opinion. I agree with others that LL ball can vary widely in quality of play. Our local LL is steadily improving its softball program with fall ball and winter clinics, but many girls are too interested pursuing other things to take advantage of the extra training. This results in spring ball with a few girls who have made good skills improvements on each team with the majority relearning how to throw and swing a bat! Not fun since my daughter and I have tasted a year of travel ball!

Last year the nationals for Babe Ruth 12U softball were held locally and we watched some good games. I'd say the rec teams that make it to this level are going to be competive with many average B teams, since many of them have a core group of girls that have played multiple years together.

Jun 6, 2009
Calgofo, are you comparing the boys baseball LLWS to girls softball B nationals, or the girls LLWS softball? I've never experienced a boys ASA national tournament, but my daughter and I have been the LLWS the last three years and have seen some great ball in my opinion. I agree with others that LL ball can vary widely in quality of play. Our local LL is steadily improving its softball program with fall ball and winter clinics, but many girls are too interested pursuing other things to take advantage of the extra training. This results in spring ball with a few girls who have made good skills improvements on each team with the majority relearning how to throw and swing a bat! Not fun since my daughter and I have tasted a year of travel ball!

Last year the nationals for Babe Ruth 12U softball were held locally and we watched some good games. I'd say the rec teams that make it to this level are going to be competive with many average B teams, since many of them have a core group of girls that have played multiple years together.

The bolded part was my intended comparison.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207