LL Softball On

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2011
It isnt misleading at all. It IS the World Series for the LL organization. It may not be up to par with the TB Nationals , etc. But , it is the pinnacle for girls playing Little League Softball. I find it entertaining and enjoy watching it (just the same as I do with Team USA , WCWS , etc)

Nov 18, 2009
I am from a large New England city and we have 6 leagues that have softball programs. So the talents pool for the city is divided by 6. My daughter plays for a travel team that has girls from the city plus 4 surrounding cities and towns. If your travel team can't beat a LL team it says more about your travel team than anything else.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
Only watched the first half of the Phillipines game so far. Going off on a tangent but the comment I would make is that the home plate ump was way way waaay better than the many LL baseball regionals I watched. The balls-strikes and a couple plays at the plate calls were generally horrible. Mind-bogglingly horrible

Oct 25, 2009
I enjoyed the game last night. I was interested in the competition. My team lost but I still enjoyed the game. I wasn't looking for the next Cat Osterman or Caitlin Lowe. I didn't even wonder if they would play in college. They were competing for what they were competing for. Not a single bit of showcase ball tarnished what they were playing for.

I'm going to watch the Championship game tonight. And no team can beat either of those two teams; they won't be there!!!!

Jan 27, 2010
Eastern Iowa
Every kid on that team is from Sterling. They have been since they started playing at least since 9U.

Yes, they play the travel circuit around IL and Iowa and do very well. One of the top 12u teams around this year (actually, every year for their age).

Their goal since they started playing together at a young age was to get to the LLWS. They played ASA Northern Nationals as 10's and won that. They played USSSA World Series as 11's and didn't as well as they had hoped. Their 12U year was to play in the LLWS which was the plan when they started playing years ago.

They had a plan, stuck to it and have done very well. Good for them.

My point is this. If you are going to run around and brag about being a superstar team then you have no business playing in the Little League World Series. You belong playing against better competition. Period. The Plan the coach had was cherry picking a National Title.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
My point is this. If you are going to run around and brag about being a superstar team then you have no business playing in the Little League World Series. You belong playing against better competition. Period. The Plan the coach had was cherry picking a National Title.

And you've seen them run around bragging about being a superstar team exactly where?

Oct 25, 2009

plllllggghhghgh!!

Then next year anyone wanting to challenge them needs to step up! I don't know any of them by the way except what I'm seeing now.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Its funny that someone questions whether an organization who has teams from all over the globe playing should call it a world series.
When other organizations have 8 or more "World Series" going on in the US.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego

And this is DIFFERENT from multiple ASA teams HOW???

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
And this is DIFFERENT from multiple ASA teams HOW???

I think Quake Softball's point is that the Midway (Waco, TX) team, if they win today, will have won 12 "World Series" titles in the past 17 years. The spirit of the rules for this little league tournament is that they are made up of local town's "all-star" players, but in reality most of these kids are playing travel ball throughout the year and come back to the league for the spring/summer season so they can dominate the LLWS.

The LLWS is fun to watch, but I think you have to put it in context to what kind of softball talent plays in this tournament vs the other softball and baseball organizations in US for the same age. There are some fantastic 12U fastpitch teams in the US, and it would be nice to actually see them represented on national television so the nation can see how skilled these 11, 12, and 13 YOs are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach