LL Softball On

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
6 umpires on the field and none of them can see the runner from 1st have to run around F4 to get to 2nd on a steal attempt?

Anyone have the LL pitching rules handy? Would like to compare them to ASA.

Jun 22, 2008
The only main difference between FED and ASA is the step back. Just wondering because if the rules are essentially the same almost every pitcher I have seen on TV is illegal with their hands. Have been seeing a real rash of this the past year, not sure why its becoming so common.

Jul 28, 2008
Comp,

Please explain what you thought was illegal with their hands. I don't have a LL rulebook anymore, but I don't believe they have the 1 second rule for coming together, just not more that 10 seconds. I'm going off of memory, which isn't what it used to be. :)

Jun 22, 2008
Without seeing the LL rules on pitching I cant say for sure it is illegal, but, certainly is in ASA and FED. After taking the pitching position with the hands seperated, the pitcher shall take, or simulate taking a signal with the hands seperated. Every pitcher I saw tonight was taking the signal behind the plate which is perfectly fine, as long as they pause with the hands seperated after stepping on. Every one of them was immediately bringing the hands together.

I have seen a huge increase in this lately, I dont know why they all seem to have started taking the signal back in the circle. If they would just step on and then take the signal it would cure any potential problem.

Jan 27, 2010
Eastern Iowa
The Central team is actually a stacked TB team. I really don't understand what those girls are getting out of playing down. I mean why not go to the USSSA world series in Orlando or ASA Nationals???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207