LL Baseball WS - What a game!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I know this is a softball forum, but I gotta say that California v Japan game was fantastic! It was one of the, if not the best baseball game I've ever seen. at one point I had to go out to the convenience store to pick up some milk or something and they had that game on the tv and everyone there was into it - (and we live in New England where we had no horse in that race.) I was hoping it would go extra innings but it was an excellent finish just the same.

One thing that bothered me though. during the CA. v Montana game when the announcers were talking, one of them asked if the CA kids played other sports. the other announcer said something like. no, this is all they play year round. that was disappointing to hear.

But good for them, they certainly earned that win!

Oct 25, 2009
This makes me think of all the money that is spent bouncing from showcase to showcase. These LL teams that are "just a step above rec ball" are sure getting national attention; and it's growing. All the morning shows are highlighting them.

The good news is that this will carry over to TB. Just goes to show you don't have to be "elite" to shine!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It has been 15 years, since my kids have been in LL. But, we only pretended to be rec ball. Strings were pulled to get kids on certain teams, coaches were carefully picked and we practiced in a church gym, all winter. We had private lessons and one dad owned the Hitting Center.

A small community, like I live in now, has no chance of even getting through districts without putting in some extra work, and doing some recruiting of the good players.

Jan 18, 2011
Anyone else notice that scoring is way down this year since composites were banned?

Sure did. They even put up a chart showing how the long ball is way down do to the banning. Great game btw.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
There were some very good games. Japan v. Mexico #1 was awesome too. Cal v. Montana #1 pretty good too.

Maybe some of the coaches who just take the biggest kids (the tryouts thread) ought to watch some replays of Japan.

Oct 19, 2009
You hear Warner Robins Little League (WRLL) Teams mentioned a lot on the national level. The Physical Therapist that I went to, when I had my illness, knows the WRLL coach and talks to him often. He advised that one year the team had a bad outing at the plate in the Little League World Series (LLWS) game and they flew the teams personal hitting coach to the LLWS to work with the hitters before the next game. :eek:

I think that it is a little higher level that we may give it credit for.

I took a group of Rec-Lague girls years ago, one fall, we played with and beat some the best travel teams in the Atlanta area.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321