Little League World Series Championship tonight at 9pm Central....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Obviously that Southwest team is a travel team, they were very polished and play like professionals. What's their travel name?

Congratulations to them, no doubt the best team in the tournament, great performance!

ETA: Nevermind, I found them on USSSA, Albuquerque Stingers. Registered as a 14U team, have a 63-11 record and just recently won a 16U tournament.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2011
Obviously that Southwest team is a travel team, they were very polished and play like professionals. What's their travel name?

Congratulations to them, no doubt the best team in the tournament, great performance!

ETA: Nevermind, I found them on USSSA, Albuquerque Stingers. Registered as a 14U team, have a 63-11 record and just recently won a 16U tournament.

You can play that many games in LL during spring-summer and still be eligible for the LLWS?

I thought they looked like a town team. My feeling was that they'd be competitive with some of the better town all-star teams up here. They'd be a solid B team in our area, but not an A team. That's my biased viewpoint, though, as I do know there is some great softball in parts of New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and of course, Arizona.

Oct 5, 2011
Sterling IL
You can play that many games in LL during spring-summer and still be eligible for the LLWS?

I thought they looked like a town team. My feeling was that they'd be competitive with some of the better town all-star teams up here. They'd be a solid B team in our area, but not an A team. That's my biased viewpoint, though, as I do know there is some great softball in parts of New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and of course, Arizona.

There USSSA record is as a travel team not a league team they had to play at least a 12 game schedule in their "in-town" league also those 12 games would make them little league eligible. Last year we played 15 league games (girls on our travel team were broke up equally on 3 teams and filled in with non travel girls) and 19 All Star games (our entire travel team minus a kid that doesnt live in our town boarder plus we picked up a pitcher from our lguea teams) plus about 50 travel games. Thats not counting the fall games in 2011. Makes for a long season! But so worth it, i wouldnt recomend it to anyone to do year after year but a few years in the All Star experience is pretty special. The support you get fromthe community is incredible!!!

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
That record is going back to fall of last year, so its Sept 2011-July 2012.

They outscored their opponents in the world series 67-5.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Is there a link to watch the archived game you are all talking about? Champ game?

I quit watching LL many years ago because of the baseball side. The rules made a mockery of the game and I've seen more excitement at a retirement home.

Momo'sdad has me curious now, I'd like to see a few mins of the softball side of LL.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
So - to make a long story short - Little League is open to any and all skill levels during the regular season but the big prize at the end is only open to travel ball teams...don't misunderstand - it is what it is - but selling it on TV as everyone having an equal chance to play in the big game is a joke...

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Try explaining to the local little towns that they have to put more into it, than playing ball for 4 months, a year. They look at you like you are crazy and start sighting LL rules and dates.

Fifteen years ago, you could not play in All Stars, if you were on a travel team. But, people complained that they should be able to do what they want with their own child, so the rule changed.

The key to winning the LL trophy is getting all of the kids from one travel team to register for LL, too - and then, have them spread throughout the league and then, get picked for All Stars. Depending on how All Stars are picked that wouldn't be easy. But, in the little town that I live in, where there might only be one team in each age group, it would be easier.

Which team from last night had practiced for 2 years with the goal of "ESPN?" They had actually attended 2 a day practices. I wasn't watching the game that closely, but I thought that the announcers said that a couple of times.

May 11, 2012
Well, lets be honest. All Star teams are supposed to be exactly that. These arent the LL teams that these kids have been on all year. These are the best girls from their district and usually the coaches who did best in the LL season are the ones who pick their teams.
Naturally the girls who play club are going to be the ones who are the better players.

Momos dad. Im curious. Do you feel they would be a mid level B team at the club level they play at (14U/16U) or at their age level ( 12U). If you meant 12U, I would love to see some games where you live. If its anywhere except Califronia.........Im not sure Im buying that.

Jan 20, 2010
That team is a "A" level travel team, just the same as the Sterrling team that won last year......LL is a joke!!!! When it comes down to winning the WS town programs have no chance once they get to the playoff system as all the Travel Teams join in and star kicking some tail.

I know my players were talking about how they liked the pony tail on the side of some of the girls......I am sure that will be the new thing this year.

Also did anyone else hear that managers practice schedule. 6am - 8am and then 7-9 I believe everyday. That is not a LL town practice scheudle nor a "B" practice.....Just saying....That team was good bottom line.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2011
Sterling IL
That team is a "A" level travel team, just the same as the Sterrling team that won last year......LL is a joke!!!! When it comes down to winning the WS town programs have no chance once they get to the playoff system as all the Travel Teams join in and star kicking some tail.

I know my players were talking about how they liked the pony tail on the side of some of the girls......I am sure that will be the new thing this year.

Also did anyone else hear that managers practice schedule. 6am - 8am and then 7-9 I believe everyday. That is not a LL town practice scheudle nor a "B" practice.....Just saying....That team was good bottom line.

I can assure you that the Sterling team WAS a 100% in town team. You could have gone to the middle school at any given time and got all 11 kids together in minutes which was done many times lol. Thats not to say that they didnt hit the travel circut as a group and work as a travel team to get to the calibur it would take to accomplish a goal of competing for a Little League World Championship. I would feel very comfortable saying no team that works at it 4 months a year will ever get to that Champioship game. So in the big scheme of things its just like everything else in life the more you put into it the more you get out of it. Trust me there is VERY VERY VERY strict rules as to where players can be picked up from and the process of proveing residencey is a huge pain in the butt. So all those teams are town teams, just not your typicle town teams.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC