Little League World Series Championship tonight at 9pm Central....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2012
Just thought I would give everyone a heads up about tonights 11-12 year old championship tonight for LL. A team from my dd's district here in New Mexico will be playing and representing us, so we are pretty excited.

Best of luck to the Southwest team from Albuquerque, NM. Their ace pitcher is pretty darn good in the circle and one heck of a batter as well. Whole team can hit with the best of them!

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
They looked real good last night and the Southeast used up their #1 pitcher so I think NM is sitting pretty.

I felt awful for the little pitcher for the Central team out of Indiana. Bless her heart, she wasn't bad, the NM team can just hit the ball and this Indiana team had no defense what’s so ever. Coach was harsh when he took her out, didn't say much to her except to "go play some defense".

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Just thought I would give everyone a heads up about tonights 11-12 year old championship tonight for LL. A team from my dd's district here in New Mexico will be playing and representing us, so we are pretty excited.

Best of luck to the Southwest team from Albuquerque, NM. Their ace pitcher is pretty darn good in the circle and one heck of a batter as well. Whole team can hit with the best of them!

I was watching them play yesterday on espn and actually was wondering if one of them was your dd.

I just got home from practice and dw was saying she was something like 12 for 15 at bat!?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
They looked real good last night and the Southeast used up their #1 pitcher so I think NM is sitting pretty.

I felt awful for the little pitcher for the Central team out of Indiana. Bless her heart, she wasn't bad, the NM team can just hit the ball and this Indiana team had no defense what’s so ever. Coach was harsh when he took her out, didn't say much to her except to "go play some defense".

NO CRAP on that poor girl! I was watching reply of a u18 game earlier and both pitchers were in the dugout crying after being pulled. This poor girl was pulled pretty rudely and had to stay in and play. She had just walked a couple, but every ball was really close to the zone. Her replacement was all over the place.

Jul 28, 2008
I'm glad they finally skinned the infield and Alpenrose Stadium. I watched the first game last night. 8 inning game scored 1-0. Pretty good game. I also stopped by the LL Jr's softball tournament yesterday afternoon on my way home from work. Saw the host team beat Virginia (Southeast) 3-1. Great game.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
Really felt for that Central pitcher. She didn't seem to get any moral support either...of course watching it on TV could have missed something. There should have been a couple of times the team got together on their own in the circle and tried to clean it up, without the coach coming out. Poor kid, she was overmatched to begin with, then the errors just killed the team.

L.L World Series!

We the People of Albuquerque are very proud of the Eastdale girls Softball team!That is one dedicated team,coaches and parents!!I would like to coach that Lefty.E.S.P.N 2 list the game at 8:00!!!!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
Can someone please explain something to me. I was watching the game last night and most of the pitchers were pitching from the edge of the rubber instead of the middle of the rubber. Then I was at a Jr High game today and the losing teams pitcher was doing the same. Every pitch she pushed off of the third base side instead of center.
We have really worked with our daughter to stay in the center and work off of a straight "power" line. Am I missing something.
Sorry to get off subject.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I always thought of the power line as a semi dynamic thing that stretched from the drive foot to the plate. Not necessarily from the center of the pitcher plate to home plate

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Right. I draw the power line from the right foot. (Righty pitcher) I know the commercial rubbers have the power line drawn down the middle, but that is misleading. You can adjust your position on the rubber, as necessary. Also, be aware of the rubbers that are not lined up to home, in the first place.

The Southwestern pitcher was pitching a little more closed than we generally see at her age. She was wide of the power line, but it was just her style.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA