Little League Tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2012
The other day I realized that little league allows (LL) for in season tournament play with slightly adjusted rules. Like doubleheaders are allowed. Pitchers are allowed more innings. I was wondering if anyone tried this?

Problem I see in our area is that LL is only 16 games, then some games in All stars and TB is like 40+. There's alot of girls that can play and like the game but either they or the parents dont or cant make a year round commitment to TB. Alot of girls play soccer, basketball, or some other activity. So the girls leave for TB or they just stop playing.

So just wondering if anyone has done it and how it went. Maybe with more games LL could be more of hybrid between just plain vanilla LL and TB.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
We organize an annual Memorial Day LL softball tournament where we invite up to 3 other local leagues to play a round robin. We use up to 18 girls per team so that no one plays more than 2 games. The timing works out as a great way to get the girls excited about the upcoming LL tournament and it has really helped our participation for the All Star teams.

Jan 25, 2011
In our LL they have a mid season tournament ,it gives the kids a TB feeling that don't have that chance.it would be cool to see them have another one,like a kick off tournament.i think there is a lot to be said about LL,I still have a soft spot for it,my dd started there,like most have,TB is great,but it is not the same as LL.In LL you have a town or city coming out and watching and supporting the teams.TB is more of a small group of backers mostly family.Well that's my 2cents

Jun 26, 2012
I agree Nano... Just within our district girls know alot of each other and it has a hometown feel and a little bit of rivalry going on too. Also, all the teams we play at DD level (11-13) are populated with TB girls, like 3-5 per team so the the competition is there. They do that so they can form up and play Allstars at the end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi