Little League Pitching Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2013
Now I have the 2014 rule book on my phone and the only reference I saw to pitching age was that no one with a league age of 12 can pitch on a "minor" team.

A good buddy of mine said he doesn't think my daughter who is 9 today, 10 on Friday with a birthday of March 28, 2004, can't pitch on a majors team. She was drafted to a majors team.

I have emailed our league president as well, but does anyone know this for a fact and where I can find the back up?

Thanks in advance!
-GG

Feb 7, 2013
Don't know the answer but wanted to say that your new Avatar is very cool. I hope she can play up and pitch in minors.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
She can pitch in Majors, but is ineligible for Majors All Stars. She will be eligible for Minors All Stars.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I don't know the answer to your question but in nearly every association I've seen there is a restriction on older girls NOT being able to pitch/play DOWN, there is almost never a restriction on a younger girl playing/pitching UP.

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
She can pitch in Majors, but is ineligible for Majors All Stars. She will be eligible for Minors All Stars.

He said what I was going to say. She cannot play Majors all-stars, but can still play Minors all-stars if selected at the end of the season.

Oct 18, 2009
Each league is different for the regular season but a 9 or even league age 10 cannot play majors all stars (which is aka 11/12 yo all stars)

May 27, 2013
Just keep in mind if she does pitch in Majors - the mound will be at 40 feet with the 12 inch ball. If she makes the Minors All-Star team, she wii go back to the 35 ft mound and 11 inch ball for the tourney.

Aug 20, 2013
Hmmmmm...well I guess I will see what she comes back with. We had to do a waiver to play in this LL instead of the one in our boundaries so initially we weren't approved for any All-Stars, so I am not really concerned about that at this point even "if selected". lol

DD is pretty small and while she can get it 40', its not to terribly fast and not too long before she tires. Plus there is just such a huge size jump from 9 to 11, she is only 1 of 2 9 year olds on the team and many of those girls are my size. I am a little worried about her safety if she gets on the mound.

Thank on the avatar. I made it myself in Photoshop. It is made 100% from circles. I made both a right and left hand version. If you would like a copy, you can PM me your email. I am happy to share.

-GG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG