Little help from the old Easton guru's

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Today at Play it again I found a Easton SSR4B Stealth. It's a 31/22. This is the black version in -9 to the purple SSR3B in -10? Anyone have any info good or bad on this bat? It was in better than good condition especially around the connection and 2/3 up the barrel. The last 6-7" towards the end of the barrel was cleated up pretty bad. It was $120.00. Got the guy to hold it for a couple of days. Thanks.

WOW, decided to check ebay before I posted this..........I think I'll go get it ! Insane prices !!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Any of the older Eastons will be hotter than the bats you can buy today. And the best part is your DD can use it until she outgrows it and then you can sell it for what you paid for it, if not more. Only risk, other than the bat breaking, would be if ASA adds it to the banned bat list.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
It is a good bat. About $20 too high IMO. These and the SSR3B developed rattles more than any other Stealth models. As far as the cleat marks go, make sure the ASA stamp is still visible. These two things won't affect you if you don't play tourneys where bat inspections take place, but will affect the resale value when your DD outgrows it.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks everyone. Both the ASA & NSA stamps are very visible, and no rattles at all. In fact it felt very solid, just had a lot of cleat marks.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If a girl needs to swing a 31" bat, I can almost guarantee you she doesn't need a -9.

That is why the bat is overpriced.....its size is a one-off and it is worth next to nothing.

You're probably right, DD has a new 2015 LTX. I just saw an old Stealth and the equipment junkie in me said "man, I've GOT to buy that" !!! I've cooled down since yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877