Let's talk Torq.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

iFastpitch

All Out, All Day
Apr 28, 2014
The Diamonds
DD loves her Mako. Made her wait until the price came down to a reasonable 250$. Now I hear talk of Mako Torq coming soon to drain a wallet near you. So, will Easton's patented Torq technology prove to be a winner on the field, or is just a marketing gimmick? Surely some of you have some tidbits to share from the demo cages as it has been added to the NCAA and ISF lists. :)

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
We haven't tried it out yet, but I don't think I'm on board with it. Why would you want a bat where the handle rotates? IMHO, My thinking is it would cause more mishits if your grip is able to rotate? I get the palm up, palm down concept, as that is what I teach, but proper mechanics is what gets you there.

iFastpitch

All Out, All Day
Apr 28, 2014
The Diamonds
My daughter has put her mako away for her old stealth. Not sure if it's the bat. Her stealth is a 32/22. I got her a 31/21 mako, based on the bat chart. I think I got her the wrong size.

Interesting. My DD went from a ssr3b Stealth to a Mako. Kept her at the same size for both (31/21) and she won't touch her Stealth now.

iFastpitch

All Out, All Day
Apr 28, 2014
The Diamonds
OUCH! Just saw the new Torq listed on eBay (pre-order) for 450$ from SPC Sports. Mid/Late October release. New highwater mark for bat price. Must have magic smoke inside. :p

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
OUCH! Just saw the new Torq listed on eBay (pre-order) for 450$ from SPC Sports. Mid/Late October release. New highwater mark for bat price. Must have magic smoke inside. :p

Why not...Easton was the first to press the mark to 349..might as well keep going :)

But lets be serious, all people have to hear is its going to make your daughter hit better, and people will line up at the door paying full boat retail. When they pushed 349 I heard people saying no way will I pay that. Now you read here people are preordering 349 bats at full retail and no problem with that price tag. Do you really think 450 is that far off?

By the way, best part of that video is its made by a place selling the bat...shock that its a winner :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12