Let the politics begin

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Maybe I am naive and they never end. Manger of our Team is the commissioner of the League so I know all the Managers of the Teams next year, politics again. We seem to have more parents that want to manage then Teams. A little bit concerned about some of their decisions but I try to avoid them, not always successfully.

He mentioned to my wife moving DD back down to 10U, depending on the number of players that signup at each age group. Not even sure how it came up, DD is one of the best players on the 12U Fall Team and has pitched more innings than any other pitcher on her Team. Her fielding and batting are some of the best on the Team too.

I am pretty sure he is already thinking about next year and will want DD to move down to a certain 10U Team so that they have a P. I am not sure why that is my DD’s problem and it will not become our Issue.

End of rant. :)

Fall ball was going really good until the end; I am not sure what happened. :(

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2011
Send some of your extra coaches out here to us. We could use them.

Sometimes number of players per division is worth considering when making a decision to play above your year group, but my DD is going to play in her year group this coming season, because she wants to pitch during All-Stars, and because neither her mother or I want her spending too much time in the dugout with 12 and 13 year olds.

Would your DD make the 12u All-Star team as a pitcher?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
As VP Softball for our rec league I always let parents who want their daughter to play up an age division that we can never guarantee it until registration is closed and we know how many teams and how many players we have (and a talent evaluation if we need to do one).

Doesn't sound like this situation though. This sounds like 'we don't have enough pitchers in 10U so we may need her in 10U because where else are we going to get someone.'

All you can do is express what you believe is best for your daughter and that you would prefer to get it in this league but if you have to go somewhere else you will. Be honest, open and be prepared to follow through if necessary. I know I prefer to keep talented players in our league and if I can accommodate them and make it a better experience for the player and their family then I will.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
You have a really hard job.

They will try not let DD go somewhere else but she has seems to be a pawn in their game.

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
You have a really hard job.

They will try not let DD go somewhere else but she has seems to be a pawn in their game.

Well since your DD is not a pro athlete with some sort of binding contract, you have final control. You don't have to play their games - of if you want to play you have the ultimate end decision.

Mar 25, 2011
Right. You'd be better served sitting out the season and continue to pitch witht he 12" ball at 40', than to go backwards a season. I'd simply tell them you appreciate his advice, but feel it would be taking your dd too far backwards at this point in time.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I know this is an old post but they are looking for DD because she has not signed up.

Personal Email was intersesting, spreading Ps around, blah, blah.

I think DD will be OK, I do not remember this being so complicated when I was a kid.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgeremesz