Length to weight ratio

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
If you spend the money the Miken Halo light is the best! The new easton synge is suppose to be good too, but the last couple of years of easton -12 composite have been known to break easily. Get the Halo Light for $170 and make sure she doesn't hit any poles or drop it on pavement a lot and you could easily get $125 or more reselling it when it's too small.

Composite bats are different from alloy bats they are made up of interwoven fibers of material and if you get a bad one they break. ALos the more use they get they get hotter adding distance to a good swing, however after a period of time they break down and become "dead" so to speak with little pop or distance from the swing. I would never but a used composite bat on E-Bay, it is likely to be dead and therefore no better than the bat you have. As Amy said make sure it is NIW (new in wrapper), akso be aware that many company's will not honor the warranty unless it comes directly from a dealer. My daughter has four bats a Easton 777 I bought her when she was 12, two 2008 Anderson Rocket tech's one for cage one for games, and a 2010 Easton synergy. The senergy never gets used, neither does the 777, the Rocket techs are used by her and several girls on her team. A cheaper bat that I have seen good things from is the Easton SV12 a couple of girls have this bat and are quite happy with them. Another girl has the new Easton Synge and I have noticed she is getting more distance on her swings with it. As far as the Dynasty I have seen one girl with it, however I do not know one way or the other on the quality.

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
I suggest researching & shopping on Justbats.com

The prices are good as is the service. Also you may be able to find a previous year model for a good price as well.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
She is going to have to swing the bat, to see what feels right. Can she swing a few from teammates?

I recently used the Demarini cf4 and its handle is really thin. So, you need to know things like that. Also, is she looking for end loaded or balanced?

Many bats on Ebay are fine. Some are not.

I recently bought one of my students a Rawlings Liquid Plasma for $40.00. NIW. But, my dd had used the bat so I was familiar with it.

Feb 9, 2009
This is why I LOVE this forum..I get more good information from you guys! Thanks!

Am currently searching online.. I think I'm going to go with the Miken Rain, which I can get for $199. Unfortuantely, DD needs 31/19, and there aren't too many of the bats you've listed that come in that range. The Miken Halo Light does, but DD wouldn't be caught dead with a pink bat, or anything that remotely resembles a girlie color...no matter how good it was. Silly girl.

I have found some lesser$$ bats in the $140-$170 range, but nobody here seems to mention those, so....I'm guessing they are just OK...I'd rather spend the extra $30-$40 on a bat that I've been told is good, than on a bat that may or may not be good.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
The Miken Rain light looks very similiar to the Halo Light. DD has an Easton Synergy Extended 31/19.5. It blasts bomb right out of the wrapper. I have seen several reviews of them cracking though. Hers hasn't yet. She had a combat, but cracked that. There are a lot of mention of great bats here, but as you said they don't come in 11-12 drop. Anderson doesn't make one. Miken makes the Halo and Rain light. Easton now makes the synge, reviews say not to get the Clarity. DiMarini only makes the vendetta in that large of drop, and though I think the CF4 is great, I think the Vendetta is a waste. If the Rain light is simialiar to Halo it should be a great purchase. The Halo's pop is right out of the wrapper, no need for breakin, and seems to last for a long time.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I've been looking at the Combat Lisa Fernandez -12 Composite for around $209 for my DD (12yo, currently swings a 31/18). Has anyone used this bat? How does it compare to the Miken -12's (Halo Light and Rain Light)?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619