Learned a lesson

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2010
My daughter was signed up for two afternoon pitching camp sessions, both yesterday and today. The first day, her pitching went great; and she was on her game totally! I found out they would still take more kids in the morning hitting camp on the second day, so I decided that would be good for her. After a three-hour morning session of hitting and constant drills, she had about an hour break before 45 minutes of warm ups and an hour pitching session in the afternoon. She was so tired that she looked dead as a pitcher today! Just didn't have the same spark as yesterday. I decided never again to do a hitting camp prior to a pitching camp. I wasn't thinking clearly. Just wondering if I'm the only one to ever make such a bad decision!! I know I won't do this again!

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
Lucky every time I've had that kind of brain fart moment the event organizers made allowances for my inexperience and had the pitching clinic in the morning and hitting in the afternoon.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
If you think that drained her, wait til summertime. You have a game first thing in the morning, then not another game until evening and everybody wants to go play in the pool because it's hot. That activity is the biggest energy drainer I have ever seen.

NO SWIMMING UNTIL THE SOFTBALL GAMES ARE OVER FOR THE DAY!

sneaksoftballpitching.com

Jul 26, 2010
Or Jamba Juice. That stuff is the worst. 80% simple sugar and the girls love it. Parents buy it and then just after warmups. . . sugarcrash.

-W

Nov 29, 2009
Very funny but true. How about those nice moms that take the girls for too much burgers and ice cream in between...

Won a tournament like that many years ago in rec ball. Came out of the losers bracket to force the "if" game in a very tough game. Between games the other team's moms had run to a fast food place and brought back sacks of cheeseburgers, fries, shakes and deserts. We fed our kids half a sandwich and some fruit which was just enough to keep the hunger pains away. The other girls were ready to lay down and take a nap by the the time they hit the field. Our kids were ready to play. The 2nd game wasn't even close.

I always tell the parents to bring low fat and higher carb type foods for the kids to eat. The kids don't seem to notice the difference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA