Leaning back when hitting the ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 2, 2013
I haven't been on this site is quite awhile, just to find the arm chaired quarterbacks still throwing passes

Take your daughters and RUN if they cannot show you any of there students - The real Hanson Principle!

PS: For those who remember me..... my daughter verballed D1 a year and a half ago, she is a junior in H.S. now.

The above post was from Stever.

How about it Five?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I haven't been on this site is quite awhile, just to find the arm chaired quarterbacks still throwing passes

Take your daughters and RUN if they cannot show you any of there students - The real Hanson Principle!

PS: For those who remember me..... my daughter verballed D1 a year and a half ago, she is a junior in H.S. now.

The above post was from Stever.

How about it Five?

Where should we RUN too?

Sep 2, 2013
Where should we RUN too?

Doesn't it seem funny that Five has never produced a clip of a student or himself swinging a bat that support his beliefs? Instead using a clip of a MLB player. He must be a mind reader to know what they're thinking.

Anyone that shows their work whether this site or elsewhere. You can then compare their teachings to others and decide whether their info is worth using.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Anyone that shows their work whether this site or elsewhere. You can then compare their teachings to others and decide whether their info is worth using.

I agree it can be very useful. I also understand why some dads/coaches don't/won't post their DD's/students. I have posted my DD though just doing a drill(Happy Gilmore) recently and it got kind of 'ugly' for us. So, I understand both sides. You have also posted your DD. JMHO. I also try to be helpful as a dad.

Sep 2, 2013
I agree it can be very useful. I also understand why some dads/coaches don't/won't post their DD's/students. I have posted my DD though just doing a drill(Happy Gilmore) recently and it got kind of 'ugly' for us. So, I understand both sides. You have also posted your DD. JMHO. I also try to be helpful as a dad.

Sites like this and others have run off dads that had success teaching their son or daughter. I'm sure if you sent a pm they would be glad to help.

Jun 18, 2010
Doesn't it seem funny that Five has never produced a clip of a student or himself swinging a bat that support his beliefs? Instead using a clip of a MLB player. He must be a mind reader to know what they're thinking.

Edit: Congratulations Stever's DD on committing D1.

For me, when I am working with my DD on hitting or pitching, I would rather see successful, high level models with narrative, because this is what I show my DD our end goal is.

This is the internet, this site is free. You get what you pay for. I don't know of any members who get paid to post here. Use your own best judgement to filter the information you accept or reject. Like him, or hate him, there is one undeniable fact, FFS has contributed more video content than 95% of those who post. I have seen numerous posts (too many to count) where he has downloaded video and generated animated gif images to facilitate a discussion, which can be a time consuming task especially if you add markup. I don't always agree with his posts, but I do value his contributions. If FFS or any other poster offers advice you don't agree with, add to the debate by posting your comments. I have yet to see FFS back down from a good debate.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

How about it Five?

As a dad, it is my responsibility to educate myself. To read the posts. Gain an understanding of them. And test them. All before asking my daughter or anyone else to apply them. Whether or not someone posts video of themselves or one of their students is completely irrelevant to me. That information will go through my same filtering process.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

Is the information I have learned about the swing useless just because my 10yo DD doesn't have a swing that matches Cabrera or Posey or A-Gon? When trying to share what I've learned, I often use examples of MLB'ers because they correctly reflect the concepts I'm trying to communicate. Sharing video of my DD's failed attempts doesn't help others who are trying to figure things out for their own kid. IMO, just because my DD can't precisely perform what I am trying to teach doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of information on my part, but rather that my attempts to teach her haven't (so far) been completely successful. By sharing what I've learned, however, someone else may find the missing piece they need to help their own DD realize greater success.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877