League Management Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 19, 2013
California
I feel like we are reinventing the wheel in our rec league... is there a template that anyone is willing to share that includes games, practices, umpires and junior umpires (depending on divsion) and snack shack duty, that includes multiple fields and multiple divisions? This task will certainly be the end of me and I didn't see any categories on this forum that fit my question. Thank you!

Feb 4, 2013
I have been both the softball director and scheduling/tournament director for our local rec league and I feel for you. I just bought excel and did everything on spreadsheets. Best advice I can give is delegate responsibilties the best you can.

For the concession each team was assigned a night to work it.
The coach and his team mom would assign parents for their shift that night.
We has a ticket system that you could buy a ticket=>.50 and buy how many ever they needed.
The board members worked the ticket stand and that way all monies were accounted for and we had enough to pay umpires and keep the concession full of goodies.

That was 10 years ago and the league is still using our system.

If the parents didn't want to work they could pay and extra $10 and we would pay a high school student to work.

Dec 22, 2012
We use teamsideline for much of that. I absolutely love it. It have made life very easy in a number of ways. Very inexpensive but worth every penny. Scheduling is a breeze.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck