Knob to chest/nose

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Anyone use turn the knob to your chest/nose and use posture to stay on the ball? Really helped my 14 year old DD and confused my 11 year old son. Lol

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Teacherman uses the cue of pointing the knob toward the chin/face/nose and I never understood the meaning. After joining his patreon and watching him explain it, I now understand it’s meaning.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019
Teacherman uses the cue of pointing the knob toward the chin/face/nose and I never understood the meaning. After joining his patreon and watching him explain it, I now understand it’s meaning.
Is there a video of his explaination?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Is there a video of his explaination?

Richard explains that the hands stay up and don’t drop.

(me talking) The posture helps create the hand path. In many swings the hands stay up in the shoulder plane. They really don’t drop. This what Richard is talking about. The hands really don’t drop.

Not sure about video of Richard talking about it. In the patreon he explains it.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
Is the "tilt" just the process of working the rear shoulder under, or is there an actual adjustment of the spine to lean back toward the catcher?

In my opinion its just hip extension vs rotation. If you feel like the front foot gets a little out front and then tries to suck back under the pelvis(once its on the ground) you will get this effect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles