Knee pads

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My 7yo has started actually diving for balls at first. She would do it when throwing with me in the front yard but mainly just being silly. About half way through the year she laid out for a bad throw to her at first and stopped it. I made a big deal out of it and now she goes hard after everything.

Our uniforms have shorts so I want to avoid a scraped knee (She is proud of the strwberry on her hip from practice Tues night though.) that might make her a little hesitant to lay out for one. I was wondering if anyone can recommend and light weight knee pads for her. Most of the ones I have seen locally are sliding pads and would be a little bulky for her in the field.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I played 1st base all of my life. From the very beginning, back before there were sliders, I actually wore a knee pad, down on my ankle to keep it from getting hit, when I missed a pick.

Last year, I wore sliders on my knees and the much lighter sleeves on my shins. But, the sleeves do nothing to absorb a hard hit ball or bad bounce.

A good pair of well worn sliders wouldn't bulk her down.

I will search for some options. Have you tried the Under Armor site?

Would she be adverse to wearing pants, if no one else is? Does she have a good pair of compressions pants w/pads?

It is the Muzuno ones that doesn't offer bounce protection, but would help with her diving and stretching.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207