Kirsti Merritt (Florida)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2013
Had the pleasure of watching our USF Bulls face #1 ranked Florida yesterday. It was a great game despite the final score being 10-5 as USF was up 4-2 until UF dropped 8 on them in the final inning.

Kirsti Merritt of UF had a monster day that I figured was worth mention. Before the USF game, Florida was playing Jacksonville so I saw her last 2 at bats vs J'Ville and then 5 plate appearances vs USF. She swung the bats 4 times and had 3 monster Hr's and a line drive double off the top of the fence. Her 7 plate appearances went:

HR, HR, Double, Walk, Walk, Walk, HR

She also threw a great diving catch in the mix from CF as well!

I'm officially a fan!

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Florida is definitely looking to go back to back, very strong team again this year. Coach Walton is a master recruiter!

Mar 21, 2013
Florida is definitely looking to go back to back, very strong team again this year. Coach Walton is a master recruiter!

Yes he is, but it took some soul searching and a complete change in his recruitment strategy. Look up how Coach Walton changed his recruitment strategy a couple of years ago. It is very interesting how he went from complete and utter frustration to the top of the heap in such a short time.

Great job coach!

Aug 20, 2013
Yes he is, but it took some soul searching and a complete change in his recruitment strategy. Look up how Coach Walton changed his recruitment strategy a couple of years ago. It is very interesting how he went from complete and utter frustration to the top of the heap in such a short time.

Great job coach!

Any chance you have a link for this?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA