Kinda disappointed.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
We just played an 'A' class USSSA State. Great complex, professionally run, great umpiring, super great competition, and the fields were worked and re chalked before each game.

We went undefeated in pool play and brackets. So I'm feeling pretty good about the situation. The info on eteamz stated the tourney would have 1st-3rd individual trophies and a tournament MVP and most impressive pitcher award. So I really used that to pump my players up. Well trophy time came and yes 1st-3rd team and individual awards...............but no MVP or pitching award.

I asked the director during the last few moments of trophy presentation about the awards. He said he didn't want to single out players as being better than the rest. Needless to say I was pissed, I told him to get the F out of my face.

If your going to put that info online to pull teams in, then go through with your word. My girls played in 100 degree weather all 3 days, pushing each other for these awards.

May 5, 2009
Must have been a local thing our USSSA State had very nice MVP hardware. Still trying to get it out of my DDs room to put with the rest.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I think it was more like a local director thing. ( they got a new guy this time ) I know for a fact they gave out MVP and PA last year, because a friend of my DD got the PA. We did not play in it last year, but because of such a good turn out of teams decided to play this year.

It was a let down to my players. I did tease them and told them later I got the "Tournament Best Coach Award", you should have seen their faces. Too funny!!!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
GOINDEEP, my daughter had 2 MVP T-Shirts. She wears them all the time. You are right to be upset. The funny thing is, my dd can tell you about the games of those tournament, who she thought should be MVP, etc. One of those shirts is getting kind of small now but she still throws it on. I wish for your girls that this won't be typical.

Mar 15, 2010
My DD got a pitchers MVP award about a month back (a small wooden bat with the tourney name and MVP title) and she cherishes it more than any of her trophies. Too bad for your girls and good job calling the TD on the failure to live up to the promise.

Jun 21, 2010
I understand being upset that they did not live up to their promise, but is saying get the F out of my face really the appropriate response? I think a discussion between adults about why you feel they didn't do the right thing would have been the right thing to do. Just my $.02.

Oct 19, 2009
Nothing stopping you from going to a trophy shop and getting the awards made up on your own - just tell the players they were on back order. Not that you should have to, but perhaps you can keep the receipt and deduct it from next year's tourney fee along with note of explanation.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Dear Trny Director, Since you failed to award the MVP trophies as was stated, I made up my own and presented them to my own DD/players. I also named myself Coach of the Year. In that same vain, I named my wife GLM.

Here is the bill for the trophies.

With kindest regards, 2010 Coach of the Year

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I understand being upset that they did not live up to their promise, but is saying get the F out of my face really the appropriate response? I think a discussion between adults about why you feel they didn't do the right thing would have been the right thing to do. Just my $.02.

Your probably right, heat of the moment response. This does not make it right, but no one heard it but the two of us.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Nothing stopping you from going to a trophy shop and getting the awards made up on your own - just tell the players they were on back order. Not that you should have to, but perhaps you can keep the receipt and deduct it from next year's tourney fee along with note of explanation.

That might have worked a few years ago, but it's hard to fool 14-15 year old girls now. They knew what was up when the trophy table was getting close to empty.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06