Kid doing good in JR college.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
WOW tearing it up as a freshman, the young lady who was my daughters catcher in travel ball last year playing NJCAA 7th IN batting average in the nation with 630 with 46 at bats, girls ahead of her between 22 – 10 at bats.

Tied for HR in the nation with 10 and 46 at bats, the 2 girls she is tied with for HR has 60 and 61 at bats. Her and my daughter swapped the lead on BA for the team last year, she hit more HR thought.

They played Tenseness VOLS last fall she had a single and a double against their pitchers, she can hit D1 pitching as well.

Proud for the kid, she was a great teammate and a good leader.

She came up playing baseball with her dad as the coach and he also taught her how to hit.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I remember you telling me about her. Way to go! Do you know if she is improving her grades or is that a problem? Maybe TN. would take a look at her, if she has the A's. It is hard for a girl to go from a JC, though to D1. They just want girls that they can coach for 4 years.

Oct 19, 2009
I remember you telling me about her. Way to go! Do you know if she is improving her grades or is that a problem? Maybe TN. would take a look at her, if she has the A's. It is hard for a girl to go from a JC, though to D1. They just want girls that they can coach for 4 years.

There is improvement, but more work to be done.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
They played Tenseness VOLS last fall she had a single and a double against their pitchers, she can hit D1 pitching as well.

Was Ellen Renfroe pitching or her sister Ive? They grew up about an hour from us, I've seen them pitch in TB. Both are a beast. I think they have a younger sister, I don't know much about her in the TB world.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It is hard for a girl to go from a JC, though to D1.

It may be hard, but not impossible. My DD's juco team had two kids who ended up playing D1 (both pitchers), and probably another 5 who played D2. (the team was loaded, of course...)

It depends upon the level of competition at the Juco and whether she finds a team that needs her.

Oct 19, 2009
Was Ellen Renfroe pitching or her sister Ive? They grew up about an hour from us, I've seen them pitch in TB. Both are a beast. I think they have a younger sister, I don't know much about her in the TB world.

This was one of the fall games, I would have tried to have went and watched her play, but we had HS games in GA that weekend.

I don’t know who was pitching, there was a article in the paper on the games and it was listed she had 2 hits. I have seen the Renfroe girls pitch on TV and both are very talented UT is luck to have these kids.

We have strong junior college programs in our area that play and many times beat D1 teams. Chattanooga State is one that usually finish near the top in their division.

They played and beat the University of Tenseness at Chattanooga (UTC) last fall UTC usually is in the D1 top 64, it was kind of a big deal for Chattanooga State to beat UTC.

In a fall game 2 years ago UTC played Alabama and lost 1-0 on a home run .

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2011
That's awesome, Peppers!

Amy, my daughter's hitting instructor went from JUCO to D1 (and a National Championship) to Team USA where her team won a World Championship.

Sure, a coach would love to get a player they can coach for 4 years, but if they can get a proven stud for 2, there's a lot less risk with that scholarship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06