Keep Alabama's Demi Turner in your thoughts.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 9, 2017
Mississippi
I'm a firm believer in players wearing face masks... I also do not understand why college players choose to eliminate the face mask from their batting helmets either, but that is just me...

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I'm a firm believer in players wearing face masks... I also do not understand why college players choose to eliminate the face mask from their batting helmets either, but that is just me...

Based on numerous conversations it is because they can see the ball much better. The only ones that keep it, and for good reason are the slappers.

Mar 9, 2017
Mississippi
Based on numerous conversations it is because they can see the ball much better. The only ones that keep it, and for good reason are the slappers.

I understand that sentiment, but I do not buy it.... There is no reason a mask would impede the batter from seeing the ball IMO with the proper spacing between top bar and the bill of the helmet.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I understand that sentiment, but I do not buy it.... There is no reason a mask would impede the batter from seeing the ball IMO with the proper spacing between top bar and the bill of the helmet.

That is the common wisdom, that it should not matter. But the reality is that with the exception of international players every kid in college grew up with a mask on their helmet, yet many if not most ditch the cage it at the first opportunity.

Jun 18, 2010
For those that haven't seen it, the 2nd baseman (Demi), was covering the bag for a play at 2nd. The SS didn't think there was time to get the runner at 2nd and decided to throw to 1st.

demi_turner_1_zpsb16jox6x.gif

demi_turner_2_zpsr6qodspk.gif

Feb 16, 2015
South East
I hear that she has a broken orbital bone right eye area. They not sure about a return as of yet but will be seeing Alabama doctors today sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 18, 2010

As a matter of fact you can get a real good eye on the ball without a mask on your hitting helmet.

baylor_facemask_front_zpsbnvi4wh0.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad