Just a Reminder: 'Bama v Georgia tonight at 8pm on ESPN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Espn announcers pull bs out the bag non stop! Quit making stuff up just to be talking!

Mendoza on Georgia power girl Tina Iosefa. "You see she has the split grip 2-3 inches, you don't see that from a power righty. You usually see that from a lefty that is trying to top the ball. It takes away some of the power but allows her to keep the back arm above the ball. You see that from base hit ground ballers, not from a home run hitter. It allows her to get the back elbow up."

Hey Jess....check Kelly Kretchman, one of best hr hitters ever. Check the Ragin Cajuns and there hr numbers in the last few years. Check ASU hitters.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Now Danniel Richard bunts and they start carrying on about the ball hits her leg outside of the box. They show slow mo replay and the ball didn't come within a foot of her leg!

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
RHC my 11 year old looked at me when Mendoza said that and said "what?!?"

I told her to just ignore...funny thing is I'm having my team over to the house tomorrow night to watch this game and will have to make sure I mute certain things out.

LOVE Hugo at the plate!

Mar 31, 2014
ROLL TIDE.. glad I am not the only one that is sick of hearing these softball announcers trying to prove they know so much about the game. Their incessant babbling has made it almost unwatchable....

Feb 22, 2013
Georgia pitcher could have helped herself out a couple of times by backing up throws at home plate. Twice she got caught watching the game and remaining in the circle when balls were hit to the outfield and home plate should have been backed up. In the 1st inning runners advanced an extra base because there was no one to help on errant throw from left field and in the 2nd or 3rd inning she appeared to cut off a ball that was online to the catcher from center field.

I watched the game with my dd. It was a great opportunity to talk about what a pitcher should not do when balls are hit to the outfield.

Interesting comment by the announcers about the left fielder catching a foul ball at the fence in the first inning when the bases were loaded with 1 out in a 1-0 ballgame. The announcers made it sound like catching a flyball in foul territory was a mental error by the left fielder. My personal opinion was that early in the game, as a coach, I would take the out and give up the run, in order to try to get out of the first inning. I have watched too many games where the flood gates opened by allowing a team 4 outs in an inning. In the 5th, 6th or 7th innings, in a tightly contested game, I might agree that not catching the ball may have been a been the right play.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I agree with announcers on that one. Less than 2 outs, runner on third, don't catch the deep foul ball.

Feb 24, 2012
I agree with^^^^^ let it drop in that situation.

Also, the bases were not loaded at that time, it was 2nd/3rd after the wild throw home. The next batter walked to load the bases.

Dec 29, 2010
Game 3 on now, ESPU. By the way knights, Georgia pitcher wearing a mask, add another one to your thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan