Just a little bragging

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Got an email from the coach tonight. DD is hitting .563 with 4 games to go in the travel season. I knew she was doing well but was surprised to find out how well. Here she is squaring to bunt. If you notice anything that sticks out as being very wrong please comment. Thanks.

jmbunting.jpg

Feb 24, 2010
The only thing I can see wrong is that the girls on the bench are sitting and do not appear to be cheering!

Tell her good job on the BA and keep up the good work. BTW, how does she like the DeMarini Bustos? Just bought DD one last night with one more tourney to go to get ready for 12U next year (had a $30 wallyworld special this year).

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
It was the third game of the day, we were getting shellacked and our opponent puts in some Jenny Finch ringer, throwing well into the 50's. DD was the first to face her. Since we are a 1st year 12U team the girls may have been overwhelmed by the new pitcher.

As for the Bustos, she loves this bat, hits it well and it is used by about 3 or 4 other girls on the team that like the speed and lightness of it.

Jan 30, 2010
That stance looks spot on to me.Well out in front of plate and feet are set in a good position. Nice quality pic.
Over .500 is darn good.You must be very proud of her!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I teach to hide the right fist behind the bat. She is in danger of getting it nailed, the way it is.

th_100_4830.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

th_100_4831.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Damiansports, I am very proud of her. That's from hours hitting my pitching for erratic placement, the cage for speed and soft-toss with golf balls for better focus.

Thanks Amy, I'll see if I can't get the back of her hand up some and behind the bat.

Mar 15, 2010
It was the third game of the day, we were getting shellacked and our opponent puts in some Jenny Finch ringer, throwing well into the 50's. DD was the first to face her. Since we are a 1st year 12U team the girls may have been overwhelmed by the new pitcher.

Two tournaments ago I started my #2 pitcher against a weaker team (I only have 2 pitchers, my #3 is strictly for emergency use as she has control problems and is much more effective at 3rd). My #2 throws consistently in the low 50's. After the game a parent from the other team came up to me and was complaining that I started my dominating pitcher when I knew that they were much weaker than her team. I had to break the news to her that pitcher was my #2 and that I benched my #1 for the game. The other parent just walked away mumbling, "Unbelievable".

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
The girl they put in was the most dominate 12U pitcher I have seen. (not that I've seen them all or even a whole lot of them) She wasn't throwing 50, she was throwing 55 or better. She struck out the side with 10 pitches. All of them below the waist, 1 or 2 box. It would of been 9 pitches but DD called time and stepped out and the girl threw anyway. Ump called it a do over. Their starting pitcher was pretty good and she was not struggling against us. A coach from another team came over and told us she was a ringer brought in for this tournament. To top things off she hits one to the fence and was a speed demon turning it into a four bagger.

I wondered why someone of that caliber isn't playing A only ball and then what it would take to get her on our team. ;o)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
Got an email from the coach tonight. DD is hitting .563 with 4 games to go in the travel season. I knew she was doing well but was surprised to find out how well. Here she is squaring to bunt. If you notice anything that sticks out as being very wrong please comment. Thanks.

jmbunting.jpg

May I know her weight and height and what is the lenght of the bat she use? Thanks.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I wondered why someone of that caliber isn't playing A only ball and then what it would take to get her on our team. ;o)

If you played the 12U Finches Aces, they are an "A" team. You may have entered a "Open" tournament, in which case you get a mix of teams with different playing abilities. Not always the best tournaments to play the best teams, but in the Fall you usually can only find Open tournaments if you're an A team.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quickpitch