Jugs Small Ball machine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2011
I am looking for some feedback on this machine. I am looking to see if this is something I should invest in for my daughters 12u team. Any feedback on this machine would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Dec 11, 2010
It so happens that just last night we had the chance to try one. I was not impressed, we had to be too close to it so the ball would reach the batter and there was no warning the ball was coming so the girls either preloaded to had to rush loading.

Imho, Its hard to beat hand pitched balls of any kind, yet the sandlot slugger golf whiffle ball pitcher sure looks fun. Pretty fast, throws a good distance, battery powered. Drawbacks I see are that if there is wind you won't use it outdoors and my batting cage net won't keep golf whiffles contained.

Probably the best way you could spend a couple hundred bucks is total control balls if you don't already have some.

Mar 24, 2014
We went to several camps over the winter and they were using some type of small ball pitching machine, couple were jugs brands other were different. not many kids were hitting the whiffle balls and was thinking this might be another hitting station for the amount of kids at the camp.

We were thinking of buying one as it is more portable than a normal pitching machine but looking for input.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
I own one and its ok. Great for indoor hitting and hand eye coordination. The speed was good. I had my girls use it at the fields with a speed stick. IF you want to buy mine send me a pm. It has a Dodger sticker on it, so its will hold its value, maybe even going up in price too!!

Dec 11, 2010
Whoa! A visit from my 2012 self.

I ended up buying the Sandlot Slugger. It was fun. For me. I thought the kids would love it but not so much.

I can neither confirm or deny that I advocated total control balls other than I just sold twenty something of them on Craigslist.

Oh, the stuff I have bought and sold since then.

Mar 24, 2014
I thought something like this might be nice to use since it was portable and work this into a hitting station. My concern is buying it and ends up sitting in my basement. Lol

Mar 9, 2015
Saw this being used at a clinic over the winter and college coach was saying very good for eye-hand coordination. Most of the campers were unable to hit it but it looked like the machine was possibly too close of a distance to the campers. Having said that, DD's team practice facility has this jugs small ball machine and use it pretty much every practice and our team does a nice job hitting so maybe it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes