Jugs Lite Flite

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2015
Has anyone used the Jugs Lite Flite? Were you satisfied with the product and performance? It's a huge price difference from the higher performance model, curious if it's worth it.

Jugs Lite.jpg

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
We got to use a school gym for a couple of winters, it worked well in that situation. Inside it's good, outside with a little wind, not too good. And those foam balls really float in there

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
We have one..... Works well. Ours has been used for both softball and baseball.
Pros: easy to use, easily portable, battery operated, can throw baseball size and Softball size balls. Can also the curves.
Cons: hard to use on windy day, can only use lite flight balls, if balls get wet they are hard to use. As the balls age, they do take a different flight path.
With good care can last a long time - we've had ours about 10 years.

Jan 14, 2015
We have one..... Works well. Ours has been used for both softball and baseball.
Pros: easy to use, easily portable, battery operated, can throw baseball size and Softball size balls. Can also the curves.
Cons: hard to use on windy day, can only use lite flight balls, if balls get wet they are hard to use. As the balls age, they do take a different flight path.
With good care can last a long time - we've had ours about 10 years.

Are you NOT able to use dimple balls on it? It will be dedicated to indoor use, in a warehouse.

Apr 14, 2011
Are you NOT able to use dimple balls on it? It will be dedicated to indoor use, in a warehouse.

You can only use "lite flite" balls or jugs wiffles (i forget the name). not the standard dimple batting cage balls.

the balls are very light. one good part is it wont hurt bats and if you want a faster reaction to simulate faster speeds batters can move up pretty close because even if they get hit by these balls it wont hurt much.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I used one for when I was a HC in HS. I used the baseball attachment and lite flite balls. I think that they lasted longer but also liked the idea of the girls hitting the baseball size ball. Also, for bunting, I loved to have the ladies bunt the baseball size ball.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
You can only use "lite flite" balls or jugs wiffles (i forget the name). not the standard dimple batting cage balls.

the balls are very light. one good part is it wont hurt bats and if you want a faster reaction to simulate faster speeds batters can move up pretty close because even if they get hit by these balls it wont hurt much.

Exactly....... That's one advantage....since it's not simple balls, you don't have to worry about bat damage.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
I learned this year at our new indoor location, that there are two different kinds of lite-flight balls you can buy that will come out of the machine differently.

Of the two sets we use, one set adds a bit of spin to the ball and has little break, the other set adds a ton of spin and a lot of break.

I doubt this would work effectively outdoors though.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I use a Lite Flite machine in my 30' backyard cage. The LF balls are a lot less scary coming back at you from 20-25' away than front toss with real balls - even with a screen. As others have said, the LF machine is good for work on a variety of different skills.

They are great for speed work and bunting. Also really good for defensive drills.

I think A-Tec makes some balls that have a harder skin on them and still work in the Lite-Flite. These are good for even some outfield drills as they'll fly a bit farther and are a bit less susceptible to wind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pfpsoftball1028