Jugs instant Screen or bownet big mouth

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Which do you prefer? Why?

Or is there something else that is better?

Bownet 'big mouth' - it isn't even close. Easier setup & breakdown, easier transport, usable from both sides and as a screen and replaceable nets.

Just looking at Jugs new screen to compete with BowNet (since BowNet have been kicking their butts for the last few years) - it looks interesting and worth a new look. It is about time.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Having had both, I vote the Bownet with everyone else. The Jugs doesn't stay upright in the wind very well. Also, even when it's put away in it's bag, the Jugs net is extremely bulky. On the other hand, the Bownet breaks down easily and fits in a nice compact bag, stays upright even in some pretty strong winds and you can order other parts and screens to change it's configuration such as turning it into a pitching screen.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Did some research on nets... the new jugs that looks like the bow net had a youtube video showing the speed and ease of install. Its frame is connected by an internal bungee cord that makes assembly a no brainer, but after my huge disappointment with the insta screen, I will probably not make another jugs brand purchase

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I got the Bownet from my loving husband for Christmas and set it up for the first time, today. I thought there would be instructions in the bag, but I didn't have any. It went up quickly and came down just as easy.

Jun 21, 2010
And if you have a Tanner T it will fit in the carry bag. That's what we do. Takes up less space too.

Aug 30, 2011
DE
Bought a bownet bigmouth and love it. Sold the jugs over the weekend. Like everyone stated it's not good in the wind. I've seen a few get put away wrong and they never set up the same after that. I took good care of mine and it held up well, but one of the biggest problems was when my DD would hit a bucket of balls into it, it would start to lean over so far that you had to empty it before you were done with the bucket. With the bownet that doesn't happen. Also, much easier transporting the bownet bag over the jugs bag.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I felt like the guy with an old brick phone driving a wood paneled station wagon this weekend. We have our Bownet on order, but I was forced to break out the Jugs net in the mean time. We played on turf in the wind. I was about ready to start cussing like a sailor with this thing tipping over no matter which direction I set it up. I look around and the Bownets are standing tall in the wind.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA