Jessica "Jake" Elliott - Gamecocks Edition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Ok I just became a Gamecocks fan, i will be following them, good luck to her!

They are a very young team and should do well. They struggled in the circle last season and Jake hopes to make a difference.

One of her teammates to watch is #22 Senior Alaynie Page. Met her on the official visit and she was on the player panel. Two seasons ago she barely hit .200. Coach Bev Smith said that she eliminated some "distractions" in her life and along with some hard work her batting average skyrocketed to .436 last season. She was moved to leadoff and was the catalyst for the Gamecocks offense.

Dec 20, 2012
Actually I provide her with hints while she was in the circle via our super secret communication system. :)

I seem to recall that SC may be doing something down in Florida, maybe in Tampa? Last year I think they were in California. Would like to know so I can make plans.

Side story - Her former TB and HS catcher is also her cousin, Megan Morgan who is moving into her old dorm room at Chipola next week. Jake has bequeathed her a bed and other goodies so she had an excuse to buy new in Columbia. They will play against each other in the Gamecocks local tournament in October. Jake is meeting us in Chipola for the weekend and they have plans to do a couple of bullpen sessions.

Just like double secret probation! lol

Women always have a reason to buy new stuff! My dd transferred 25 hours closer to home so I am hoping to make more games this year. I'll keep an eye out for the Gamecocks' schedule in case they cross paths.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
I wish her the best! That is some impressive ink. It would be very hard to root against a mindset like that. I'm sure you count your blessings.

Jun 19, 2013
What an awesome story! Can't wait to show it to my DD when I get home. It seems you've raised a great daughter - not just a great pitcher/player :) Congrats to both of you!!

Also glad to hear you're fellow Disney fans :)

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
They are a very young team and should do well. They struggled in the circle last season and Jake hopes to make a difference.

One of her teammates to watch is #22 Senior Alaynie Page. Met her on the official visit and she was on the player panel. Two seasons ago she barely hit .200. Coach Bev Smith said that she eliminated some "distractions" in her life and along with some hard work her batting average skyrocketed to .436 last season. She was moved to leadoff and was the catalyst for the Gamecocks offense.

I look forward to seeing her pitch this year. I am excited to see some of the freshman this year I think its a good class. We will be in Columbia the first weekend in September for the D-1 camp DD looking forward to meeting Jake and seeing some of her friends that will be coming into town for camp. I wish Jake nothing but great success going forward this season! I will say that I think the coaching staff is awesome and really care about the girls.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
This is awesome! My DH is a USC grad and will be watching her. I hope he can get my DD out for a few games this year. As a side note, any idea regarding the summer camp the program does for kids? Any good?

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
How are they doing in their fall games?

They have done well. Some new freshman are already contributing and as a team they are 4-0. Jake threw very well in her first outing going 5 innings with 8k's including a hat trick in the 3nd. Unfortunately she dislocated her right kneecap last week in an intra-squad and is shutdown for 2-3 weeks, so she is done for Fall ball which ends this weekend. Currently she is at a team bonding event and will not have access to her cellphone until Sunday. Look forward to hearing about that. The Gamecocks could end having their best season every under Bev Smith who is in her 5th(?) season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi