Jessica "Jake" Elliott - Gamecocks Edition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD and I may have to make the road trip to Columbus to watch her pitch this season, or maybe Athens or Auburn. When does the schedule come out?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Riseball, you have much to be proud of! She seems like a very nice and humble young lady who knows how to play the game and respects her teammates. You did good!!!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My DD and I may have to make the road trip to Columbus to watch her pitch this season, or maybe Athens or Auburn. When does the schedule come out?

Not sure if they will make it to Athens or Auburn this season. My understanding is that ESPN has input into the schedule. Hope it comes out sooner than later so I know when I will not be at work. :)

Dec 20, 2012
AWESOME!! I noticed she stated you were her pitching coach for the better part of her career. Amazing she is even playing college ball considering she probably asked for your input between innings. Have you heard which spring tournaments they will be in?

Nov 18, 2013
Congragulations Riseball! Looking forward to hearing more about her career.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
AWESOME!! I noticed she stated you were her pitching coach for the better part of her career. Amazing she is even playing college ball considering she probably asked for your input between innings. Have you heard which spring tournaments they will be in?

Actually I provide her with hints while she was in the circle via our super secret communication system. :)

I seem to recall that SC may be doing something down in Florida, maybe in Tampa? Last year I think they were in California. Would like to know so I can make plans.

Side story - Her former TB and HS catcher is also her cousin, Megan Morgan who is moving into her old dorm room at Chipola next week. Jake has bequeathed her a bed and other goodies so she had an excuse to buy new in Columbia. They will play against each other in the Gamecocks local tournament in October. Jake is meeting us in Chipola for the weekend and they have plans to do a couple of bullpen sessions.