Need help finding Jen Schro Catchers Gear in White

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2018
Any recommendations on where to get a Jen Schro The Very Best catchers gear? I need to get the pieces individually as my daughter still has a small head and needs the small helmet, 16" chest protector and, 14" leg guards. The medium set comes with the adult size helmet. I've tried Amazon, Dicks, and a couple of other vendors with no luck. Any other places you recommend trying?

Feb 28, 2022
LOL, we just went through this with our DD. We managed to get the last Carolina Blue set in Med in the world. :) (or at least it felt that way)

I saw this posted on JS's facebook page.

1664278600303.png

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The Schro gear in general has been on backorder forever like many, many products
in this country. White has been the worst. Im talking like half a year backorder and its still
not on the horizon.

I would be shocked if sis even has any (may be this past years set)...Easton itself doesnt show any stock til next year.

It has been horrendous for catchers gear in general along with helmets and gloves for a long time

The individual pieces have been a bit quicker to pop up here and there than the complete sets

Apr 30, 2018
I've found a few sets here and there, finding the small helmet individually has been the issue. Might just have to try and convince her to try another color.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I agree with what others have said. All catching gear has been tough to come by for a while now. All-Star is a slightly better, but even they are having major issues.

SIS is showing some stock in black on their full sets, but it doesn't appear they break them into separate pieces for sale. You might want to contact them and see if they will sell them individually.

We have one full set in stock, and it is the medium Stars & Stripes. Other than that, it's one large black leg guard, a small red chest protector, and a medium royal chest protector. Helmets are impossible to find now.

Jen Schro can say the stuff sells fast, and she is not wrong, but this goes much deeper than having the sets sell out quickly.

Apr 30, 2018
Amazon had the 2 white sets in stock in medium so I went ahead and ordered it. I'll see if we can get the helmet adjusted small enough. If not, I'll put the helmet up for sale and keep hunting for a youth helmet. May have to go with a different brand helmet. There were other brand helmets that fit her well when I bought her previous set, but of course I don't remember which brands they were.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Easton sells helmet pad inserts for tightening up large helmets. You can try those to see if it works. They're only about $10. The shell size should be the same.

Jul 27, 2021
I agree with what others have said. All catching gear has been tough to come by for a while now. All-Star is a slightly better, but even they are having major issues.

SIS is showing some stock in black on their full sets, but it doesn't appear they break them into separate pieces for sale. You might want to contact them and see if they will sell them individually.

We have one full set in stock, and it is the medium Stars & Stripes. Other than that, it's one large black leg guard, a small red chest protector, and a medium royal chest protector. Helmets are impossible to find now.

Jen Schro can say the stuff sells fast, and she is not wrong, but this goes much deeper than having the sets sell out quickly.
I would luv to get my DD a new set. I like the Stars & Stripes version. Medium should be good for her . Nothing like having a catcher that needs the extra $1000 in gear. Pitchers get the lessons added to the bundle.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I would luv to get my DD a new set. I like the Stars & Stripes version. Medium should be good for her . Nothing like having a catcher that needs the extra $1000 in gear. Pitchers get the lessons added to the bundle.
I have a pitcher and catcher in my family. Even though the catching gear is expensive, I've spent way more on pitching lessons than I have on catching.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478