Japanese hitting blog-Tsukaguchi

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I luv reading about hitting. So, if you're like me you may enjoy the blog or not.
Posted by giantheart on BBD:
..I was surfing the internet on Japanese hitters and came across a blog from a Japanese guy named Tsukaguchi.. He has a blog that is basically the framework for a book he is writing on hitting mechanics.

World Baseball Classification

interesting stuff..it is worth reading... His English is poor, so it is a bit of a struggle, but it is probably 1000x better than anyone's Japanese on this board.

I don't know his credentials, but whatever, I learned something.

He comes up with an "interesting" way of classifying hitters (puncher vs swinger type). See his early posts First chapter book

I think there is some merit in his discussion.... Nothing new but a refreshing new way to look at it. A lot of good agreement with what is usually agreed to here as a high level swing, some stuff is a bit off the wall, but there are some language issues too.

The chapters of his "book" are scattered throughout his blog and aren't in order... There is a very good chapter on SSC, flexion, IR, ER and all that other happy horse $hit we like to argue about...see Fundamental Knowledge of Sports Science

I guess I would look through his blog and start with chapter 1 and then find chapter 2, etc. Since his English isn't very good it's worth trying to get his thoughts down in a cogent form of presentation.

Anyway, something new to talk about....and I think his thoughts on how Japanese players are taught to hit is interesting...I also like some of his stories about how Strawberry learned to copy Oh from Johnson.

I may try to reach out to him and ask him to join the forum....

Read more: Oops, there was an error! |
Here is the name of the blog:World Baseball Classification
Link:http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...ting blog |&txt=World Baseball Classification

Last edited:

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
What do you think Tsukaguchi means by this?......

So, a lot of American players have, so to speak, simple and sturdy hitting mechanics while coexisting with it somewhat rough touch appearances like their products made in USA.