Japanese hitting blog-Tsukaguchi

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I luv reading about hitting. So, if you're like me you may enjoy the blog or not.
Posted by giantheart on BBD:
..I was surfing the internet on Japanese hitters and came across a blog from a Japanese guy named Tsukaguchi.. He has a blog that is basically the framework for a book he is writing on hitting mechanics.

World Baseball Classification

interesting stuff..it is worth reading... His English is poor, so it is a bit of a struggle, but it is probably 1000x better than anyone's Japanese on this board.

I don't know his credentials, but whatever, I learned something.

He comes up with an "interesting" way of classifying hitters (puncher vs swinger type). See his early posts First chapter book

I think there is some merit in his discussion.... Nothing new but a refreshing new way to look at it. A lot of good agreement with what is usually agreed to here as a high level swing, some stuff is a bit off the wall, but there are some language issues too.

The chapters of his "book" are scattered throughout his blog and aren't in order... There is a very good chapter on SSC, flexion, IR, ER and all that other happy horse $hit we like to argue about...see Fundamental Knowledge of Sports Science

I guess I would look through his blog and start with chapter 1 and then find chapter 2, etc. Since his English isn't very good it's worth trying to get his thoughts down in a cogent form of presentation.

Anyway, something new to talk about....and I think his thoughts on how Japanese players are taught to hit is interesting...I also like some of his stories about how Strawberry learned to copy Oh from Johnson.

I may try to reach out to him and ask him to join the forum....

Read more: Oops, there was an error! |
Here is the name of the blog:World Baseball Classification
Link:http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...ting blog |&txt=World Baseball Classification

Last edited:

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
What do you think Tsukaguchi means by this?......

So, a lot of American players have, so to speak, simple and sturdy hitting mechanics while coexisting with it somewhat rough touch appearances like their products made in USA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles