Its Viernes Check in 8/12/16 #softballislife

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 3, 2013
2 HS (plays JV and Varsity) in games tonight-rained out. So going to indoor facility instead for HS practice. 2 HS games in the morning-most likely rain out as well. First practice with new TB team Sat afternoon. Sunday church and family lunch with grandparents and siblings. A nice relaxing Sunday anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
DD turns 16 tomorrow, so we are bringing her and some friends ziplining.
Last round of tryouts for her team is Monday night. It will be interesting to see if any more girls show up, there's some rumblings of trouble in one of the bigger organizations and we saw a few of their girls at our second tryout.
Happy Birthday to you DD, and happy "I survived another year of living with a teen girl" for you! Driving next! Scary stuff - but such a cool time!

Mine turned 15 while at Nationals, and we celebrated with a triple and 2 game-winning Rbi's, followed by opening ceremonies and a personal serenade by some boy band that apparently is "everything". DD said, "Best birthday ever." How do we top that next year? I almost have her convinced that we paid the boy band, because I like to be the hero.

Have fun zip-lining, don't get stuck! 😂

Hope you end up with a great group of girls for next season. We're in the same situation.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
Saturday open tryouts, returning players headed out to interact and get some work in. DD getting signed up for driving school, and getting permit. Pray for me.

Feb 7, 2013
1st practice/secondary tryout with new team this Saturday. I guess they are still looking for a few more players and/or may be adding a 2nd 14U team? Was hoping to shutdown DD for at least two weeks right after Nationals but that didn't happen. Maybe rest her 2 or 3 weeks in December? Softball here is a 11 & 1/2 month commitment...

Aug 13, 2013
We got back from the USSSA All-American games last weekend, then had some tryouts this week. Going to chill out tomorrow and put in some softball time Sunday and a few days next week. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jun 11, 2012
Happy Birthday to you DD, and happy "I survived another year of living with a teen girl" for you! Driving next! Scary stuff - but such a cool time!

Mine turned 15 while at Nationals, and we celebrated with a triple and 2 game-winning Rbi's, followed by opening ceremonies and a personal serenade by some boy band that apparently is "everything". DD said, "Best birthday ever." How do we top that next year? I almost have her convinced that we paid the boy band, because I like to be the hero.

Have fun zip-lining, don't get stuck! ��

Hope you end up with a great group of girls for next season. We're in the same situation.

Thanks!!! She's already told me that we're getting up early Monday so she can go get her permit and she wants to drive to tryouts. Permit, fine, driving on main roads, not so sure.

We're only looking for 5 players so hopefully they pick the right 5, we had no drama at all last year so we're hoping for a repeat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles