Issues with LS warranty replacement

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2019
I sent DD's meta back to LS due to the rattle. They approved it but said "your current replacement model is out of stock" and it would be June until it was back in. The options they gave me were to wait until 6/3/22 or get an "alternative model that was more readily available". It was a 32/22 so I said we would take a 33/23 if available. They said again "replacement model out of stock" options are wait or choose a "different bat with similar MSRP and specifications". My question - do they not give vouchers anymore? The Meta is in stock on their website? Why won't they just give me a voucher?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Because I believe they keep a sales stock for their website and then a stock for returns and store purchases. If thats the case,
kinda sh!tty they dont use their web stock to replace broken bats considering we have heard more than one person say they are waiting for returns.
I dont know what they did with the voucher...havent heard they got rid of that. Somebody was just on here posted that they
got a voucher for a Meta return.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Which bat is the one you want
OK, I think by the post he has a 32/22 Meta and its out of stock. Then he asked for a 33/23 Meta, and its not in either. They are both in stock
on the LS site but they wont give him a voucher to buy one. They are telling him he has to wait til June if he wants one as a return.

May 15, 2019
We sent back a Meta 32/22. This was their first response:

Unfortunately, your current replacement model is out of stock. It looks like we're scheduled to build more on the week of 6/3/2022.

We have two options at this time:

1. Wait for the bat to be restocked.
  2. Check for alternative models that are more readily available.

If you need a different model or drop weight, please review available models online and reply back with your preference. Note that we cannot send a custom bat or a model that retails for a higher price than the bat that was returned to us. If you need further assistance, let us know the length, weight, and league certifications required and we can offer suggestions

I then asked for a Meta 33/23 and this was their response:

We apologize for the confusion. You see your current replacement model is out of stock. So our options are waiting till the bat is available(1-4 weeks) or we can choose a different bat with similar MSRP and specifications. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Please let us know which route you would like to take.

So I responded with this as my choices since the Metas and LXT are both available on their website:

1. 2022 Meta 33/23 (if available now)
2. 2022 LXT 33/22
3. Voucher for purchase off of website

No response yet.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I do kinda think its sh!tty if they give you an LXT straight up for the Meta since the MSRP is 50 bucks less. Should work something out for you

(not talking about quality of bat here...just talking MSRP)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad