iScore discrepancy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but I have a question for anyone who uses iScore. We just finished up our TB season and I was looking at the pitching stats for our team. I noticed a discrepancy between "batters faced" and the total number of first pitches (sum of 1st pitch balls and 1st pitch strikes). We had 2 pitchers carry the bulk of the load this season, and both of them show more "first pitches" than the number of batters faced. Any ideas on what would account for this or do you think it's just a software glitch of some sort?

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
If a player is thrown out stealing for the third out (or picked off by the catcher, etc.), you'd have a first pitch but not a batter faced. You must complete a plate appearance for there to be a batter faced.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
If a player is thrown out stealing for the third out (or picked off by the catcher, etc.), you'd have a first pitch but not a batter faced. You must complete a plate appearance for there to be a batter faced.

Ok, thanks. I suspected something like that, but didn't know for sure there was a distinction in the books. I always thought it was recorded as a batter faced whether the at-bat was completed or not. Always thought the distinction between plate appearance and at-bat applied to batting stats only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles