Is there more drama in softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
Almost all parents see it the same way. Their DD and the 3 or 4 other stars.

Almost all? That's a pretty broad brush. I'd say many, but I've seen several that were very reasonable about where their DD's stacked on the team. Statistically speaking, if "almost all" saw it that way, I'd have seen several more. JMO.

Huskerdu

With Purpose and Urgency
Sep 4, 2011
Just curious - Why is she not better? Does she not work hard enough, or did you overestimate her when you invited her on the team?

re: stats - The high walker/good bunter is valuable, but that can be seen in the books just like batting average. I know that parents will see in stats what they wish to see, but I think it's easy for a coach to say, ''This is what I value. This is why I think this player is valuable. She gets on base. She scores runs. She gets down bunts.'' After that, there can only be honest disagreement.

She is not better because somehow along her journey, she lost the passion and instead of improving and becoming a competitor, she turned into a softball player, I think some if it started at home.

Jun 29, 2012
ahhhh, the old bash rec league players and those evil parents! and of course coaches are all saints!
things don't change much around here I guess. lol.
how about when a coach, or all four coaches, are also parents? and their kids are the four infielders? this is a good 11u
team that plays hard but gets beat by most big 12u travel teams. unfortunately the head coach is tough on the girls. way too tough at times. I don't believe bringing 11yo girls to tears with his rants does anything but teach the kids to play with fear.
as to parents in general, many of us pay big money for our kids to play on these teams. each player on the team deserves to be treated with respect. regardless of her skill level. without parents, no kids, and no need for coaches. and by the way, I am a coach and parent.

Jun 24, 2013
Almost all? That's a pretty broad brush. I'd say many, but I've seen several that were very reasonable about where their DD's stacked on the team. Statistically speaking, if "almost all" saw it that way, I'd have seen several more. JMO.

I see my sarcasm didn't transfer well to the written word. Perhaps I should have said almost all DRAMA parents..... (meaning the parents who always seem to be involved in the drama happening on the team).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi