Wear current TB team gear to tryouts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
This is my reasoning~
If already on a team....
Going to a camp and wearing your team garb represents the team your on.

When its time to move on
and go to tryouts
its time to wear something else.

Again i ask
What is her reasoning?

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018
My opinion, wear team uniform to that team try out session. For all others I agree with wearing something note worthy, mine has several tank tops that are softball related. Funny socks always make conversation, like sushi or avacado socks.

I still have non team brand bag and helmet that she will wear when looking around this year.

We will follow this for practices she is invited to attend before try out sessions begin.

Also, nothing to be ashamed about kicking tires of other orgs. Always good to see how other coaches run things. Either way it's good experience to give exposure to situations so in future it's less stress with these situations.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019
Have you asked her why she wants to wear her uniform Or practice gear to another teams tryout?

Appreciate it. Because she is a kid. It is what she got in her head.

If i did not reply quickly enough that you had to ask twice what the logic was behind her thinking, please excuse me. I have had family and life obligations to attend to.

Thanks.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Appreciate it. Because she is a kid. It is what she got in her head.

If i did not reply quickly enough that you had to ask twice what the logic was behind her thinking, please excuse me. I have had family and life obligations to attend to.

Thanks.
Made the point of asking because her reasoning could be important to her.
May have insight as to how to speak with her on the topic. Opens opportunity to share other perspectives!
She is what matters in this!!!

Good Luck at tryouts!!!

Mar 28, 2014
I coach a team and have seen this so many times. I never understand why a kid would do this or a parent would let them. Wear a shirt that makes her easy to remember (school logo, bright color, whatever) but not a current team uniform. If you like them so much why are you at my tryout?
As a coach I would care as much about what kind of shoelaces she wears as I would what kind of jersey she wears. Tons of reasons why someone would wear another team's jersey to your tryout. People move so it could be logistics. Coaches move on so it could be that. Teams fold. Kids age up. The list goes on and on. It's endless. Cant imagine coaches not realizing that.

Can't imagine why a coach would care what someone wears to a tryout. Completely insignificant.

Mar 28, 2014
thank you foe everyone's perspective. I appreciate it
Let her wear what she wants to wear. The most important thing is that she feel comfortable and confident, not what other people are thinking. And if a coach cares and doesn't put her on the team because of it, you don't want to play for that coach anyway so better to find out now as opposed to later.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Just adding to discussion :)
Is there a life lesson in this?
Job interviews?

Believe me please when i say it would be great to wear whatever we want.
Simply knowing the answers to this will not be the same.
For some say it doesnt matter.
Saying it can matter might be prudent advice?!
It can matter because people think of wearing jerseys as support of that team.
Thats why marketing products make so much money.

Do you wear your last teams
t-shirt at this teams practice?
When your on a team you wear that teams logo.

Some players purposely wear the colors of the team their trying out for! ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812