IR breakdown

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I doubt I am not alone in this opinion. I rely on both of you for great advice and am happy you are there as resources on this board. The whole Hatfield/McCoy thing is fun to watch too.

Boardmember- You suck because you never did one of your cool side by side, thoughtful, incisive narratives when I asked for feedback on my DDs mechanics. I will harbor this grudge forever possibly into the afterlife.

HalSkinner-You are the Andy Rooney (RIP) of this board and I love a good curmudgeon, you break things down exquisitely a lot of the time, but I agree that there are some things that are absolute and a lot more that is style. IR=absolute, how closed the hips are at release=optional.

Now hug it out and get back to helping us bucket dads.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
"IR=absolute, how closed the hips are at release=optional."

IR is going to happen but does not need to be focused on to MAKE it happen. If you want to call THAT an absolute, I couldnt care less.

Where the hips are at LANDING FOOT TOUCHDOWN is NOT optional for the safest mechanics for the female shoulder complex. Hips at 45 degrees at LFT is the safest and is proven. Dont be mislead by that little change in wording and timing. Release points can vary a great deal, depending on the movement pitch you are throwing. Where the ball is at LFT is not a variable that changes with an individual pitcher or a style of pitching.

Jul 14, 2008
Boardmember- You suck because you never did one of your cool side by side, thoughtful, incisive narratives when I asked for feedback on my DDs mechanics. I will harbor this grudge forever possibly into the afterlife.

Dang Squeeeeeze.......Why you gotta be like that..........

I'll get right on it........Before I do......I MUST KNOW............Is your DD an open or closed style pitcher..........You MUST make a choice.........45 degrees open or 45 degrees closed.......Don't asked me about "dub-step" style pitching.........Cause I caint do dat............I use the plate to PUSH FROM not to PITCH FROM..........

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Dang Squeeeeeze.......Why you gotta be like that..........

I'll get right on it........Before I do......I MUST KNOW............Is your DD an open or closed style pitcher..........You MUST make a choice.........45 degrees open or 45 degrees closed.......Don't asked me about "dub-step" style pitching.........Cause I caint do dat............I use the plate to PUSH FROM not to PITCH FROM..........

We are going slingshot. I'm actually reposting some video after tonight's practice so if you really are gonna take a look, wait for the new video por favor.

Apr 13, 2011
JJ - every minute BM spends giving an invaluable free video analysis of YOUR DD's pitching mechanics is a minute that BM will NOT spend giving an invaluable free video analysis of MY DD's pitching mechanics...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi