Indoor Training Shoes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Katie Bearn

Softball = Life
Feb 23, 2014
Pennsburg, Pa
HellO everyone,

Looking for an indoor traiming shoe that will hold up. My coach said I should look at a volleyball or turf shoe due to the surfaces that we will be practice on..... Any suggestions?????

~BTW Thanks all that post! !!

Jun 18, 2010
DD uses the Ringor brand turf shoe because of the heavy duty pitching toe. If you are a pitcher I would recommend it for the durability. If you don't pitch I'd look around for a less expensive option.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD uses the Ringor brand turf shoe because of the heavy duty pitching toe. If you are a pitcher I would recommend it for the durability. If you don't pitch I'd look around for a less expensive option.

This^^^^^^^. My DD has had hers for 2 years and they still have a couple of years left in them. Ringor periodically sends out emails with 15-20% discounts, so if you are in the market for a pair you may want to register on their website to receive updates.

Volleyball shoes are designed to be lightweight, not heavy duty. I hate to think how long a pair of volleyball shoes would last during pitching lessons.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2013
Even if you don't pitch Ringor turfs are the way to go as you will probably pay more for a good quality volleyball shoe.You can get the non pitching toe turfs for $75.00 and they will most likely outlast the volleyball shoes I know my DDs have.

Aug 9, 2013
As a coach, I've used both Mizuno and Boombah turf shoes and the Boombah ones have been more comfortable.

Jan 4, 2015
Tacoma, wa

My dd has ringor turf shoes too. They are awesome and I doubt we'll use anything else in the future. We also have ringor plastic and metal cleats; love them all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06